“nice place for a day trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pavagadh Hill

Pavagadh Hill
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Champaner
Pune, Maharashtra, India
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“nice place for a day trip”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

this is a nice place for visiting for a day. ropeway is there so u can reach on top easily. prefer start early morning so no rush will be there. u can choose to do tracking also. visit in winter time that will be better for enjoyment. temple is also nice.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Rupesh2011

Vadodara, India
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“my first love ever”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

nearest hill from my place... awesome morning, noon, evening views plus a world heritage sites full of archaeological monuments... cant beat it...! <3

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Capt_Bhavika
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Its beautiful”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Maha Kali temple is what attracting people to visit pavagadh. I loved the senere beauty on the way to the temple.Though it was raining heavily still i managed to enjoy ride on the ropeway.They are neat and cute and will make you reach the hilltop within 10min. After that you need to walk up the stairs.The road was messy because of rains.The temple was beautiful, wish it stopped raining to see the view of the entire baroda up from the hill.Overall i liked the journey specially in the ropeway.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank SudeshnaSa
Vadodara, India
276 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 880 helpful votes
“Ma Pawa To Gadhni”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

At about 0400 , on 18th Nov . 2013 I left my home at Vadodara for my rendezevous with Mata Kalika at Pawagadh . I drove down 47 km within an hour and started walking the 3 . 5 km pathway leading to the temple , constructed in the 10th century , at the peak of Pawagadh . Though from Machi - where I parked my car - there is a cable car to the 250 steps climb to the temple , I preferred walking as I wanted to test my enthusiasm and stamina when I last walked the path in 1969 .

By the grace of the Goddess , I could reach the temple without any anxiety and offerred my prayers at the one of the 51 Shaktipeeths where right toe of Sati felled . I bowed before the face of Kalikamata , full idol of Mahakali and Yantra of Bahucharaji . Here Kalikamata is worshipped as Dakshina Kali according to the Vedic and Tantric rites . Later on I climbed a staicase to beg for the dua at the Mazar of Sadanshah Pir . I was glad to see from this vantage point Sir Sayaji Sarovar which provides water to my city non stop since 1890 .

While returning , due to the daybreak , I could see two lakes , Telia Talav and Dudhia Talav , and laughed to my heart's contents remembering how we used to share the anecdotes in 1960s that in the era of Patai Raval , then king of Pawagadh , both these lakes were full with oil and milk respctively .

As I remembered Patai Raval , I walked towards the Atak plateau fortified by 10 m high wall and 87 catapults to hurl massive rocks at the enemy .

Nearby I saw series of saat kaman - seven arches - now a days only six , built of 17 local yellow sandstones on each side and a crown for each kaman .

There I hired a local boy to lead me to the Khapra Zaveri's palace which has no foundation as it stands on the sheer rock . I went there to see from the palace's tower , spring of Panch Kuwa , source of the Vishwamitri which flows through my city .

If one can arrange to visit Kalikamata's temple early in the morning , one can complete the sight seeing at Pawagadh by lunch time and then she can proceed to Champaner , the capital of Muhammadshah Begada , Sultan of Gujarat .

I did the same thing .