“Excellent food, but pricey”
Review of Kupferpfandl

Kupferpfandl
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Amberg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Kupferpfandl has some of the highest quality food in Amberg. I've been several times and everything I've ordered on the menu is delicious. You really can't go wrong.

It's rather pricey, though, so more of a place for a special occasion or date night rather than a casual meal with friends. Contrary to some others, I have never had any problems with the owner, though it's true that the wait staff can be agonizingly slow. Still, it's worth putting up with for the delicious steaks, mmm....

There are newer reviews for Kupferpfandl

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I lived in Amberg for about two years, and during that time I was able to come to Kupferpfandl or "Frenchy's" many times! This place has the very best steak and sides. I have tried the steak with mushroom sauce, the fromage, and the natural steak with butter. While someone may not appreciate Frenchy's manner at times, I found him funny and the food made up for any blunders!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Like many Germany restaurants, the food was good. It wasn't great, but no complaints. However the owner "frenchy" was downright ugly. I had been there one previous time and behaved that way also. That was a very busy night and I chalked it up to intensity of the pace. This time, we were the only ones in the restaurant and he was just downright mean. Won't go back.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just ate at Kupferpfandl and has one of the best (if not the best) steaks I've ever had! I highly recommend eating here.

Previous reviewers commented on the service. The owner was busy and impersonal, but he was professional. He clearly runs a very successful restaurant. My hosts are American but engaged him and his waitstaff in German and he took well to this. I believe he is French. Our waiter was great - but don't expect hand and foot service with a white towel over the arm. By looks, he may have also been the butcher!

The food was incredible. There are two pages of steak listed -- each steak has different 'toppings'. Mine had mushrooms on it. It was great!

The value was decent. I paid 19.50 euros for the best steak of my life. This, with the incredible ambiance of the restaurant, makes it a 5 star restaurant in my opinion. Get a reservation... walk in won't happen.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was recommended to dine there for a good steak meal, so we went to celebrate my husbands birthday. Loved the ambiance of this place. When we order out beverages, our server assumed that my husband never tasted a German beer, and made several comments how he may need to watch it because its not watery like Bud light. My husband loves german beer (he's enjoys beer tastings like I enjoy wine tastings), and was offended by his assumptions because we are American. We also did not like the hour wait for our bill. We had to ask for it several times. The server told us a couple of times that it wasn't his fault, and that his boss has to bring the bill. When we finally got the bill,his boss did not stop by the table to deliver it. Our server did. ?? The food was fantastic! Great steaks, perfect side choices, loved the wine and beer choices. Not sure if we'll go back. Birthday Boy wasn't that impressed. Will be looking out for another steak restaurant with better service.