“do not take pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of I Maroncio

I Maroncio
Ranked #12 of 205 Restaurants in Frascati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roma
“do not take pizza”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The place and the atmosphere were nice. Service was fine as well. We had a variety of good starters and pizza. I think that the mozzarella inside had some flaw. It was a bit of acid taste. Indeed the next morning some of us felt uneasy. One of us had risotto, and it was fine.

• Visited November 2013

Rome, Italy
“Classy joint with superb food”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

It's a pity (or maybe it's not!) that dai Maroncio is not closer to the centre or Rome, as only locals and those in the know can enjoy it! Forget the name "Pizza club" - this is far more than a pizzeria; in fact, I've never tried the pizza here, because the alternatives are just too good not to try. Wonderful selection of unusual antipasti, including a thick large mortadella, lardo, truffle-flavoured scrambled egg, etc. A cacio e pepe to die for. Managed to squeeze in half a pig afterwards - superb. And then a great range of home made desserts, the tiramisu bigusto was well made. Once there I had an issue with an ignorant waiter who decided to ignore us for some reason, but I won't let that dampen too much an otherwise good review. Parking out back. Very nice interiors, professional appearance. A little pricey, but worth it - if for some reason you end up out here in the sticks!

• Visited October 2010