“Pleasantly Supprised”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Frascati
Yorkshire
“Pleasantly Supprised”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have looked to go to Rome for a few years but always found the cost of accommodation ridiculously expensive. This hotel deal came up and I grabbed it. Whilst its obviously not in Rome the train Journey in is fairly easy and regular and takes about 20mins and there are two stations in Friscati. The Hotel is not in the centre of Friscati but the walk into town is fairly easy and again takes about 15 to 20 mins. There you will find plenty of nice restaurants to satisfy varying budgets and tastes. We did not dine in the Hotel with the exception of breakfast so I cant comment on the menu or quality of the dinner. Breakfasts are a buffet affair and are quite acceptable if limited in choice. The Hotel is clean and the staff are helpful and pleasant. Rooms again are clean comfortable and adequate. We left at a ridiculous time on the day of our departure which meant that public transport was not running, the front desk staff organised a taxi to the Airport at reduced rates which was very helpful.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking to visit Rome on a budget, it also gives you a look at a very nice little town like Friscati.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this small hotel for a meeting in the neighborhood, as I have done several times before. The hotel staff was excellent and very helpful. The room was big and with very comfortable beds. I used the free wireless internet without any problems. Frascati with a number of nice restaurants is in about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the hotel, even though it is somewhat uphill from the hotel. The restaurant at the hotel was also very nice and the staff was friendly. I warmly recommend this hotel for a stay in Frascati.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed for one night in late January. The hotel was pretty full. Our room was HUGE with an enormous, new bathroom. Free internet and free parking on site. The breakfast was the same as all the hotels we've stayed in - standard continental fare. The staff was helpful and recommended a bunch of restaurants for dinner (the one we went to was EXCELLENT). The hotel was one of the more expensive ones we stayed in but I think the area in general was more pricey. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DARAMARKB
SE Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for business trip. The rooms were neat, and the bathrooms were tidy. The room had an in room safe, and queen size bed. The tv was very tiny, but I didn't watch it anyway. The bathroom was nice and had a small shower with a normal height shower head and decent water pressure.

The free wireless access was really only available in the lobby--I couldn't get a signal in my room (206). However, the lobby was comfortable and I stayed and worked there when I needed to use the wireless. The cafe that is on site is nice and operated by the front desk personnel (at least during the week). It had excellent espresso and the wine was excellent as well. Ate dinner there one night; it was pretty much a private party. The food was pretty good. The waitress didn't know a ton of english, but luckily someone in our party spoke some italian. The hotel offered an included continental breakfast that was quite nice.

There was no gym (which I guess isn't uncommon outside the US).

The hotel is located downhill from the center of Frascati. It is about a 10 minute walk. We walked to and from Fascati several time throughout our trip and at no time felt unsafe. It was about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station in the city center, or about a 25 minute walk to another train that ran more frequently and would take you to Rome. Since it is a little far from the city center, the hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle. The staff was overwhelmingly accomodating in shuttling us around, as long as more that one person was on staff (otherwise they can't leave the hotel empty to drive us around). The front desk staff (in some cases the only staff) were very helpful with dinner recommendations and sight seeing and train related information.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel if you don't feel the need to stay right in the city center.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 29, 2009

First, I made a mistake by calling the hotel & asking for a pick-up at the train station. I was not at the Frascati station, but at the Ciampino station. They do not pick-up at the Ciampino train station. The driver was waiting for me for 1/2 an hour. Opps! I felt like dork, but the driver just shrugged it off my error.
The room was nice with a Bidet & water closet that made a funny noise when flushed. The TV in our room was micro small like in the picture. The TV was too small for being at the top of the ceiling on the far wall opposite my bed-not good for the nearsighted. The breakfast was dry cereal, a danish & any Italian coffee drink variation I could think of the lady made one for us-her English was not existent, but the cappuccino she mixed up was heavenly.
They said they have free Wi-Fi, but we didn't have laptop, so we used the guest desktop PC in the lobby - I even down loaded Skpe on it & made phone calls from my account.

This was my second trip to Frascati & felt it is a bit of a walk to the center of town. My first stay was at the Hotel Flora (center of town); they were all booked & got more expensive w/ the addition of a 4th rating star. The price was right at this place.
My only problem was that what I asked the best English speaker about the Castel Romano factory outlet stores. She recommended the Valmontone Fashion District outlet-said to take the train. She said there was a shuttle to take us to the outlet stores at the train station in Valmontone. There was none! A nice local man we met on the train tried to find us a cab & could not find one. So, we walked into town & found an employee at a travel club store to help. They called the Valmontone Fashion District & the representative called a cab to take us the outlet stores. The cab was about 5 or 10 Euros, funny & tried to give the driver a tip, but he gave me back all my change. So, when he picked us back up at 9 PM I gave him 10 Euros & hid a 5 euro bill underneath the 10. Am I an ugly American? When we got back I told the lady at the hotel there was no shuttle & she agreed & may have regretted telling us there was or it just an error in what a shuttle means. I don’t know. The nice/accommodating part of our stay was on our last day in Italy when the shuttle was not available; one of the employees used her own vehicle to take us to the Frascati station. She moved her kid's booster chair to the trunk & luckily we fit our entire luggage in her tiny 4-door Smart car. Bella donna!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank calfencer
Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2008

This was the first accommodation we stayed in when we arrived in Italy. We did arrive late at night and it was somewhat difficult to find. Nevertheless, it was clean and quiet and the receptionists were very friendly and helpful both upon arrival and the next morning when we left. Continental breakfast has lots of selection. Our only real displeasure with the place were its thin, linen towels - which of course we had never seen in North America but we soon discovered were common to Italy.

• Disliked — Thin linen towels
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank ChitchatCanada
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I stayed at this hotel work a week in July 2006 to attend a meeting in the area. The hotel was very comfortable and clean and had nice views (although not of rome as far as I could tell). The wireless internet worked well and was reasoanbly fast. The cafe/restaurant downstairs provided a good place to grab a bite to eat, and the center of Frascati is within easy walking distance. The hotel staff were polite and helpful, providing shuttle services to and from the meeting etc.

Note that central Rome is under an hour away by rail, which has its advantages and disadvantages, but if you are staying in Frascati, this would certainly be a reasonable choice.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank -_-_-