All reviewscoffee bartrain stationopen hoursrecommend this hotelsuperior roompool areanice poolpool closesbig balconyhotel cafebusiness staylunch buffetvery friendly front desk staffcannot commentlocal frascatihalf milerestaurant manager
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a night before a morning flight from Ciampino airport. (allow 30 mins to get there in a car) The hotel is modern, attractive and clean with parking and an ice cream bar, which went down well with our children! Great breakfast in a dining room with an amazing view out over Rome. What made our stay lovely was the staff who were all so kind to our children (3 and 10 months.) They have a shuttle bus into Frascati town centre and sent it to come and collect us too. A great spot for a pre Ciampino flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Do not let depression get you once you get in front of the hotel and see the casino advertisement on the left, the hotel is actually quite functional, neat and with friendly staff. The restaurant is excellent with an amazing view of Rome in the distance, the rooms are spacious and with very modern bathroom fixtures, and value for money is quite excellent. It's only 10 minutes walk downhill from the train station, so unless you have heavy luggage you can actually manage

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A clean, modern hotel. Spacious air conditioned room with large comfortable bed. If you have a mind there's a pool, casino, restaurant and coffee bar. Very professionally run with helpful staff and good English.
Overall there is nothing to dislike about the hotel. It ticks all the boxes and has a shuttle bus (running a limited service) for visiting the town or getting to the station.
The only downside is its location at the bottom of a longish hill with cobbled pavements. Not so bad going down but could be tricky for the less mobile.
Will use again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a first trip to Frascati and I initially chose this hotel due to its local--it is a 40 min train ride to Rome and a wonderful spot away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel was beyond my expectations! My room was lovely, and immaculately maintained each day of my 7 day stay! It was quiet and everything was maintained exceptionally well. The staff was fantastic--from the ladies that maintained the rooms, to the reception desk (especially Stefano Roberto) and the gelateria (especially Claudia)which adjoins the hotel and has great coffee,fantastic gelato, early morning delicious pastries, fast service, and lots of smiles. From needing to borrow an electrical adapter, to helping me find my way both in the community and elsewhere, all requests were met with a smile, professionalism and always solutions. It was very impressive that their service was so personal that even after a couple days, I was addressed by name and room number; in a busy world, many do not take the time or interest to make it a personal experience--Villa Mercede is an exception. The pool is lovely, the restaurant filled with luscious food. My stay was a huge contribution to a great experience in Italy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Augifurry
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for a recent wedding in Frascati for a weekend. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk (up a hill!) to the town centre and rail station.

Its apparently a fairly new hotel and the room we received was clean and seemed new. It was a small room though, as well as a tiny bathroom, but as we were not there much, it suited us. We were based on the bottom floor so it perhaps felt somewhat like a basement at times, especially with bars on the windows! We were close to the pool area as well which was noisy throughout the night.

We were able to checkin early which we were impressed with (although the bedsheets were wet when we first got to the room so they may have been put on the bed in haste!). There is the option of breakfast for 9euro per person - I really wouldn't bother. There wasn't much choice, the queues were long and the food average. Instead, go to the adjoining coffee and gelato bar where you can have wonderful coffee and pastries for a total of 4 euros for two people! Also worth noting is that the rooms do not have an iron and no ironing room in the hotel, so you have to rely on the hotels laundry service to iron a shirt etc...a tad annoying if you have a wedding/event to go to!

Hotel staff were friendly and happy to arrange taxis for you or offer directions. My main issue was the noise at night. It may have been just that weekend, or the hotel staff were not aware, but the noise of other guests coming in drunk (dont get me wrong, I'd had plenty myself but managed not to screech!), shouting down the coridoors, messing by the pool, was awful and really meant that we had no decent nights sleep - that combined with the air conditioning not being very good, didn't leave us very rested at all. That said, perhaps hotel management did not notice. Another very tiny point and more as a word to the hotel then anything else - we couldnt work out how to phone reception from our room! There were no numbers on anything so we ended up walking down if we needed anything!

Overall, this is a nice modern hotel with friendly staff at reasonable prices. Ideal if you want to be close to the city centre but far enough out to enjoy the scenery (the views from the pool area really are amazing). I think it was perhaps just the noisy guests that ruined it slightly for me but do not let that put you off this hotel as we enjoyed our stay overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area if you like a quiet nights sleep!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple