Hotel Flora
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Cacciani(Frascati)
$98
$95
Hotels.com
Hotel Roma Sud(Frascati)(Great Value!)
$86
$76
Priceline
Villa Mercede(Frascati)
$132
$127
Antica Colonia(Frascati)
Villa Tuscolana Park Hotel(Frascati)(Great Value!)
$79
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely hoteltrain travellerswalk minutescentre of townevery hourcentral romevisit romemarbleproximitystationvilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is situated a short walk from Frascati town centre but next to a busy road. The hotel looks stunning and has a wonderful roof terrace with great views. The stucco design on the ceiling was very attractive and the room was quite large with plenty of storage. The bathroom was good and had a powerful shower. We were told their would be a safe with either a key or digital lock: There was neither. And as we had our passports and money stolen from a Hotel's bank a couple of years ago, we were a little nervous but it did seem to be more secure. The rooms had very Star-Trek looking access pads to the doors. The air-conditioner was ineffectual and very noisy. We did not eat dinner here. The breakfast buffet was very good and the staff serving the breakfast were very friendly. The reception staff were courteous rather than friendly but efficient.

There are two buildings and we stayed in the main one. However, I did hear that some of the rooms in the annex looked over the bins...and on a hot day (which there are many) this could become unpleasant especially if the air-conditioner was as useless as ours.

However, it is supposed to be the best hotel in town and perhaps I'm too low in importance to really see it at its best. Overall: Looks over substance.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the main building where the reception is. I doubt there is a quiet room as the roads wrap around two sides of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a refurbished Villa hotel and is very clean with friendly staff who are very helpful.
My only complaint would be that our room was in the annex (another building) next to the main hotel but the room was still spacious and clean.
The breakfast was more than enough to suit all tastes and although we never ate there in the evening we were told that the food was of a good standard although a little on the expensive side. 26 Euros per person

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room in the main hotel and NOT the annex
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Hotel is beautiful.
I was there for a short time but I enjoyed my "business dinners" and the good food and relaxing atmosphere helped me writing some good articles for my job.
At night all the lights properly placed and the well manicured grass make the Hotel...a "stunning" venue.
All the receptionists are kind and professional; in particular Mr.Luigi Ciarlo has been very corteous and helpful.The elegant restaurant, with wide windows that allow natural light to enter, at night changes its atmosphere into a soft and confidential one.The Chef Mr.Stefano Annibali proposes a variety of excellent local gastronomic delights. My dinners were SUPERB and the blond lady in the Restaurant gave us a good service too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EmyShowbizReporter
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a good stay and for the most part the staff were very friendly and courteous. That is until we had a problem with our bill. We were meant to stay @ Villa Vecchia but they had plumbing issues so moved us to the Flora, location and setting not as good as Vecchia but it was OK. Flora charged us for 2 extra breakfasts and refuse to give us our money back. They offered us a free bottle of wine when we visit next, took us years to save for this trip, what an empty gesture! Here is what I was told - I spoke with my boss as well, but as already said unfortunately we can do nothing, as breakfast is always consider included even if you don’t have it. Extortion of tourists. I have never heard such a policy nor has my fiance who travels a lot with work. Had a wonderful trip to Italy but this left a bad taste in my mouth, the breakfast I did have was definitely not worth the money let alone paying twice for it.

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GoonerTJ
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Frascati itself is a bit dissapointing, but as a base for getting to other places it is well placed.
As with a previous reviewer I was with a friend on a Page & Moy tour (2 weeks later) and while I agree that the Hotel was understaffed, it didn't really worry us. People there were very considerate when one eventually found them! The hotel was a converted grand house (or two in fact) and the rooms were therefore a grand size which was a pleasure in itself. There was a pleasant largish garden with a lawn and comfortable armchairs under shady trees which was a very nice place to sit (watch out for mosquitoes!).
Breakfast (we were on a B & B basis) was the usual please-all situation...masses of choice. Fresh fruit, crisp croissants (rather good cake!) but coffee and milk in great thermos flasks which while hot was not very agreeable! Too late, on the last day, we learned we could ASK for a capucino and get it! There's a tip! We didn't try the restaurant which we knew instinctively would be very expensive. There was a roof terrace where very smart people ate in the evening, unusable during the day because of the lack of shade. It looked as if the food would be very good. If you were a rich person working in Rome, this hotel would be perfect!
The air conditioning was controlled by a mysterious computerised system which I never mastered and the same applied to the TV which would only get Sky after much fiddling. They should leave instructions for both! All in all though, it was a pleasant environment and getting into the centre of Frascati (not very interesting) was by way of a tree lined avenue with a splendid view and which was a great place to sit and watch the evening Passegiata.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be large and windows heavily double-glazed and the hotel stands in its own grounds, which distances it from the main road, as far as I can see, all rooms were quiet. Air conditioning is a bit noisy and I found it actually too cool, and difficult to do more than turn it off at night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends