“Great Authentic Italian Restaurant!”
Review of Il Grottino

Il Grottino
Ranked #124 of 232 Restaurants in Frascati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This restaurant was the most authentic Italian restaurant that I went to in my 7 day stay in Rome. The antipasta plate was huge and had the most delicious items, I even tried the cow brain. The setting was quaint and we were the only Americans there for lunch. This is always a sign to me that the food is the best. We were also shocked at how much food we had and how low the cost was. It was totally worth it!!

Find this restaurant and eat there....you won't be disappointed! The owner also hustled greatly for us when we told him we had to meet our tour bus and couldn't be late.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I arrived at Il Grottino by chance. Needless to say we were welcomed by chef Gian Franco and felt absolutely at home. We had the menu for 15 Euros per head which I have to say was one of the best italian meals I have ever experienced! The decor is fabulous and the food exquisite! Definately a must if you're in Frascati, or Rome and I highly recommend this place if you want a real taste of Italy! Thank you for the best food ive ever tasted Il Grottino and tthank you Gian Franco for making us feel so welcome and so accommodated. A definate visit!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to this place with a couple of friends, the view is great, antipasti are good but

- The restaurant did have a menu, so we were stuck with 4 pasta dish, which the restaurant offered this day.
- Although we ordered 4 different kinds of pasta, but when the dishes came, we found that 2 of them are the same, and the waiter tried to say they are different, and a lot of nonsense, but they taste the same and the ingredients were the same.

and the third pasta was not the same description the waiter explained , and when we inquired, he said they ran out of this kind of pasta, so he changed is without even consulting us.

I think they did not care about us as we are foreigners.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

The owner was extremely attentive and helpful. the location of the retaurant on the hill meant the views were stunning especially at sunset.The pizzas were to die for as well as the views

1  Thank AFScotland
Reviewed April 12, 2012

delightful meal with an incredible variety of choices for antipasti. We really enjoyed our dinner here.

1  Thank NCTraveler27312