All reviews old house guest house tea coffee facilities walking guide rooftop terrace old town place to stay comfortable beds jim isa apartment hosts history views spain parking roads
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The accommodation is set in a beautiful house,with a real sense of history,and is situated in the heart of one of the most famous white towns. As you enter, there is a typical spendid Andalucian patio,and on the roof terrace,there are spectacular views over the old town and surrounding countryside. But,above all,what makes one's stay so special is the welcome of the ownersJim and Emma. No one could be more helpful and hospitable.

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2009

To be quite honest, we had to cancel our trip to Arcos and never got a chance to stay at Casa Campana. BUT I want to share with the readers of this site the very positive experience I had , not only when I reserved a room at their guest house but , more importantly, when I had to cancel it 4 weeks before our planned arrival: Jim didn't make any problem reimbursing the deposit we had made and handled the whole thing with kindness and great professionalism and integrity. I am sure they are wonderful hosts and I hope I will someday be able to take my family to this charming place.

Date of stay: June 2009
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Hosts and Location were amazing.
Casa Campana is a fabulous antique family run gueast house in the centre of Arcos old town. Jim and Ema know so much about what is going on in and around Arcos that you can have all your questions asked and most of your travel problems solved.
The rooms we used were light ,fresh,clean and private with panoramic views of surrounding counryside from the adjoining terrace.
Janice, Jim and Jack
Southcoast UK

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2009

An amazing spot. The view from the rooftop is amazing, mountains, lake and the old skyline of Arcos. Not to be missed is the sunrise when the birds come to life and fly low over the roof tops. The old town has a unique atmosphere with its bars, cafes and glimpses into the patios. Easily accessible is the vibrant town of Jerez, with its Alcazar and lively street cafes.
The accommodation is spacious and clean. The owners, Emma and Jim, are very helpful and welcoming. I'll definitely be back! Soon, I hope.

Date of stay: March 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Our stay here was one of total perfection! Firstly, our hosts Emma and Jim were extremely affable and welcoming and secondly, our room was: charming, spacious, comfortable and clean. We were lucky enough to grab the apartment (with modern fittings -- important to me) at the top of this beautiful old house, which was perfect for us as a couple with our daughter. The room was spacious and cool -- in every sense -- and you could step out on to a large terrace with its wonderful views. Relaxing with a vodka and tonic and watching the sun disappear was truly sublime. And later, as the stars reveal themselves it was truly magical and the experience will forever stay in my memory. Top marks for this remarkable little jewel!

Date of stay: October 2008