All reviewsguest houseold housewalking guiderooftop terraceold townplace to stayjimapartmenthosthistoryspainviewschurchparkingcountrysidebell
Reviewed June 21, 2009

To be quite honest, we had to cancel our trip to Arcos and never got a chance to stay at Casa Campana. BUT I want to share with the readers of this site the very positive experience I had , not only when I reserved a room at their guest house but , more importantly, when I had to cancel it 4 weeks before our planned arrival: Jim didn't make any problem reimbursing the deposit we had made and handled the whole thing with kindness and great professionalism and integrity. I am sure they are wonderful hosts and I hope I will someday be able to take my family to this charming place.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Hosts and Location were amazing.
Casa Campana is a fabulous antique family run gueast house in the centre of Arcos old town. Jim and Ema know so much about what is going on in and around Arcos that you can have all your questions asked and most of your travel problems solved.
The rooms we used were light ,fresh,clean and private with panoramic views of surrounding counryside from the adjoining terrace.
Janice, Jim and Jack
Southcoast UK

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2009

An amazing spot. The view from the rooftop is amazing, mountains, lake and the old skyline of Arcos. Not to be missed is the sunrise when the birds come to life and fly low over the roof tops. The old town has a unique atmosphere with its bars, cafes and glimpses into the patios. Easily accessible is the vibrant town of Jerez, with its Alcazar and lively street cafes.
The accommodation is spacious and clean. The owners, Emma and Jim, are very helpful and welcoming. I'll definitely be back! Soon, I hope.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Our stay here was one of total perfection! Firstly, our hosts Emma and Jim were extremely affable and welcoming and secondly, our room was: charming, spacious, comfortable and clean. We were lucky enough to grab the apartment (with modern fittings -- important to me) at the top of this beautiful old house, which was perfect for us as a couple with our daughter. The room was spacious and cool -- in every sense -- and you could step out on to a large terrace with its wonderful views. Relaxing with a vodka and tonic and watching the sun disappear was truly sublime. And later, as the stars reveal themselves it was truly magical and the experience will forever stay in my memory. Top marks for this remarkable little jewel!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2009

What luck, not having anything booked, we wandered around the beautiful old town of Arcos and came upon this fabulous old house with a bell outside saying vacancies so we thought we would check it out. What good fortune, the host's Jim and Emma could not have been more helpful. The rooms were pristine and the location, which is perfect, in the center of what must be one of the best of the White Villages in Spain. From our terrace it felt as though we had gone back in time It was so peaceful. Then a few paces from the front door, the choice of restaurants, places of interest and lovely Andulucian bars amd it a perfect 5 day break, Strongly recommend Casa Campana and will return and next time for longer.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple