“Excellent and very nice atmosphere.”

Hacienda El Santiscal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very friendly people, nice atmosphere and good service. Briljant view at the pool. Lovely place!

• Stayed: June 2012
H-ElSantiscal, Owner at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Sorry for the time to send you our most sincere thanks for your opinion. It was a busy time for us as high season and being the family owners we must work evrywhere. Thanks a lot and we wish to welcome you here again.

There are newer reviews for Hacienda El Santiscal

Reviewed May 31, 2012

It was a real treat to stay at this beautiful hacienda in El Santiscal. The property is run by a very lovely family who is very friendly and welcoming. The place is absolutely amazing with a stunning view of the lake and countryside. It's very quite and has a small pool to take a swim. We also enjoyed the cooking there and the food blew us away. I can definitely recommend this place for anyone. Anna

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
H-ElSantiscal, Propietario at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Anna:
Thank you for your comments; we feel very happy that you have a nice stay with us also that you recommend our restaurant. As you know my husband is the chef and he is always caring about to prepare home made dishes with his special touch which also in this season is amazing as we offer the restaurant service "al fresco" in the andalusian patio with lot of flowers, candlelights and a sky full of stars.
We will be waiting for a next visit. Warm regards from Andalucía.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

A charming, quiet and extremely comfortable establishment that is family owned and operated. As a matter of fact, they treated my wife and I as family. Unfortunately, I was sick upon arrival and soon everyone working there knew of my temporary condition and was treated with the utmost respect. When we decided to go to the doctor, the lady of the house accompanied us because she knew they would speak no English. She stayed with us the entire time at the physician's office and helped in completing all the paperwork. Her husband is the chef at the Hacienda and cooked special meals for me during our stay.

It has been a long time since either my wife or I have experienced such caring, personal and dedicated service. If you are looking for a comfortable environment with impeccable service, I cannot recommend Hacienda el Santiscal enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
H-ElSantiscal, Propietario at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear friends, because I believe so from your stay in our charming hotel. We did nothing special, just trying to make you feel at home like we tried with all our guests. In any case, thank you for your nice words and you to think that our relationship has made you feel like family. We expect you back here soon. A warm embrace from sunny Andalusia.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had spent 9 glorious days at the Hacienda El Santiscal and must say that during my stay I had nothing but the best treatment by the staff. The rooms are as charming as they are impecable, clean and spacious. The Hacienda dates from the 14 handred but its adjusted to the 21 century leaving with all the amenities of modern days.... I felt just as if I was at home !!!! Its located close to de city but far enough to be in rural Spain. The views from muy spacious balconies and terrace were out of this would and the beauty of the planes were breathtaking and inspiring... I could hear nature and enjoy sight seing from this warm and charming building.... The food was home made by the chef and served with care and pride by the staff."bring your appetite" the plates are full and the variety its superb..... There is nothing the staff would not do to make my stay grand and peaceful..... Its as great for the lone traveler as it would be for families including love birds....... I only dream of the day I can return to this beautiful, peaceful and charming hacienda....... Thank you so much to all the staff and in particular to Francisca Gallardo for your efforts to make me feel like at home. To the Chef for the great dishes and traditional cuisine served by kind staff..... I love Hacienda El Santiscal...........
Juan de Dios from San Diego California.....

Room Tip: I would call the Hotel and speak with Francisca Gallardo. She will advise you on the best room for t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
H-ElSantiscal, Propietario at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Guest:
Just a few words to thank you for taking the time to write your impressions of us.
For our house and when a customer has stayed so long, we can only say two things or "what joy, this client has left " or the contrary "that would reach out hopefully worth staying longer " and you're the latter, for your kindness, your education and for the superb treatment that you have dispensed to all staff.
We feel that you are one of the family and look forward to repeat soon that "glorious" day when you appeared in the patio dancing flamenco. An honor and a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

My father turn 60 last January. We were looking for something very very special to celebrate it, something he would never forget...the biggest surprise ever!

Considering that we live in America and Asia, we were not able to go to Spain for the Celebration, so the people from El Santiscal helped us to arrange everythin: visits to the wine producers, horse shows...they did excellent!!! thank a lot!!!

Proffesionalism, excellent organization, quality and romantic enviromnet was the feedback from my father. He is planning to go back again!!!

A must have experince if you want to discover that part of the south of Spain!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Alphaw
H-ElSantiscal, Propietario at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Thank you once more for the reliance to choose us for such important event in your father's life and for all your nice words; things like that make us to remember why we work so hard everyday , to keep not only good customers but friends.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

The hacienda is beautiful but the lady owning it is as rude as you can imagine. We made a reservation 2 months before our stay and as we got there, she was on the phone and stayed on the phone for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then, as we were going to get our room with one double bed a couple of tourists with one kid arrived and asked whether they had a room available. She stopped serving us, sent us to sit down in the courtyard and asked that a drink be served. As she called us back 15 minutes later we were given a small room with two single beds and we saw the other couple get into a large room, the one that we had reserved! Finally, the bottle of water that we asked for was charged to our room. The following morning she refused to let us in the breakfast room at 8:27 since it would not open before 8:30. Finally, she put a strong pressure on her clients to reserve a table and choose the plates 2 hours before dinner start and at very expensive prices. The dozen customers staying there that we met at the pool decided consulting to each other to go eat at a delicious restaurant downtown highly recommended by Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank delporto
H-ElSantiscal, Owner at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Dear Mr. M. del P.:
First of all to apologize if in any moment I can give you the impression of a rude person, but even like that, I do not think that I deserve, as a human being, the same advise that any dog at the door of a house " Beware of..." , no matter how inappropriate it was my performance with you.

Your stay was exactly the night of the 4th of august , the hotel was fully booked ( period of vacations and more of the clientes where spanish and with long stay ) and you had made a reservation in an standard room breakfast included.

About the breakfast, I didn't refuse you personnally , as the door was close till 20,30 hras. as usual and there is an advise with the timetable at the restaurant's door for everybody, but for sure if you asked us to have breakfast before, we would do it with no any problem.

Dinners, as we have only the restaurant open for residents have to be booked in advance but not two hours before ; the only time we asked is to be reserve with a minimum of one hour before the time each client want to dine as we have to prepare it and prices are: 18€ for 3 courses Menu del Día including mineral water and bread and 25€ for a Menu A la Carta also including 3 courses, mineral water and bread , and those courses can be choosen from all the dishes presented in the Menu as Sole, King Prawans, Beef Sirloin, Lamb Cutlets, etc.

Finally, for your information, that day we have from the 12 rooms ( the total capacity of the Hacienda), 9 rooms spanish and 3 foreings including yours; 1 couple from Canada who stayed at the Hotel 2 weeks and this is the third year, another couple from France and you, and we gave 8 tables for dinner that night.

Anyhow, please, receave our apologizes again, specially from me, and all my Excuses for any mistakes or for not having been able to give the service as it deserved, but I wanted nigún time or offend or annoy.

When you arrived, around middle of the day still early to do checkin, I was attending a phone call for a booking reservation and try to answer all the questions that client was making me and also your room was not clean, so with nice words I tried to explain the situation and I invited you to be sitting at the terrace by the pool untill your room were ready and I asked you to get a drink. We served some drinks ( water ) and I went to look for the house maid to leave other rooms and finish yours.

After 15 minutes your room was clean, but you saw me with another spanish couple with an infant who arrived in that moment and we gave them first their room than you as it was cleaned before . Exactly it was an standard room, also twin beds and the next one to you ( you stayed in room nº 10 and they stayed in nº 11 ); more or less the same size, but they got a baby cot in it and for that reason we couldn't give you first that room at your arrival, even it was not bigger as you said and yours has a table corner and a window looking at the main entrance and the other room has a window looking to the courtyard.

Also, I am not agreed with your comentaries about that we make you payed the water and in your invoice was only charge the room rate with the breakfast ( the only things you have got in the hotel).

Reviewed June 19, 2010

It is just a wonderful place, peace and silence, and you feel like coming home. For us it has been a very fascinating place so we decided to marry at the Hacienda Santiscal! Everything has been perfect! Thanks again for the great organization and the effort you put in all you have done for us and our wedding.

• Stayed: June 2007
H-ElSantiscal, Propietario at Hacienda El Santiscal, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear guests:
Despite having been a long time have written your opinion about our services and our hotel, I did not want to leave at least to thank them for taking the trouble to do. I could not answer at the time, because that year we did not have that possibility, by not having that service contracted in this site. Thanks for everything and hope to see you again here.