“Loved it”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Zagreb, Croatia
“Loved it”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellent alternative to Austrian food. Loved their Cajun ribs!!!
The waiter was simply great (if I recall he is originally from Hungary).

• Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Radstadt, Austria
“Yards and Half-Yards of Lager!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Nice little gimmick of selling 0.7l lager in half-yard glasses. Well priced compared to a standard 0.3l beer!

Visited December 2012
Paralimni, Cyprus
“Inconsistant”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Like a previous reviewer, we too found Papa Joe's by accident. The only indication of it's existance is the menu stand outside!

The restaurant is upstairs (no lift) and the decor is Mexican Style with a menu to suit. Not being a fan of spicy hot food I went for the beef burgers whilst my wife explored the hotter delights. She liked it so much we had to return on two other occassions so she could explore the menu further. I stuck with the beef burgers.

On the third occasion my beef burger arrived barely warm and I had to return it, the barman/waiter gave me a free beer in compensation whilst a fresh burger was prepared. In the meantime my wife tucked into her selection alone. My fresh burger duly arrived and I then tucked into it alone, my wife having finished her meal.

Apart from this mishap, the food is of a good standard but as far as I was concerned that was the last time of visiting this establishment for me (dispite my wifes protests to return). There is no excuse for sending out cold food and there weren't that many diners in the restaurant at the time.

• Visited November 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“could be better”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is one of those places that survives by virtue of its location, rather than the quality of its menu or its service. It's all very standard stuff - although not too bad. But with a bit more imagination, it could/should do a lot better.

Visited July 2012
Knysna, South Africa
“Never again!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

It was awful, the food, the service, the atmosphere. Never again.

• Visited June 2011