“terrible attitude of the owner” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Floyd Hales Fish Huts
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“terrible attitude of the owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Today was my first time to go ice fishing. We reserved the hut more than one month ago, at that time we had 4 adult and 5 kids. I was told I have to pay for 5 adults, because each adult can only bring one kid for free. I booked the perch hut as they suggested. A few days ago, we had one more friend wanted to join us, so I called them again and told them we had 5 adult and 5 kids.
Today when we arrived there, first they made a mistake that booked the trout hut for me, second they told me I have to pay for 6 adults, because there is minimum fee of 6 adults for my big group.
But they never mentioned that on the phone when I made my reservation. I tried to explain that to the owner, but he was very rude even though their staff admitted that they made the mistake on the phone, the owner told me there was nothing more to say, YOU EITHER PAY FOR 6 ADULTS, OR GO HOME!!!
Today is holiday here, it's difficult for us to find another place at the last minute, and we drove one and a half hour to that place, there is no way I can just go home, and get my kids disappointed. So we had no choice but paid for 6 adults,and they managed to give me the perch hut.
Other than that, I have to say their staffs are nice. Think about it carefully before you decide to go there, or double check with them about the minimum fee when you make the reservation.

Visited February 2014