1,096 results
All reviews leisure facilities restaurant staff plenty of parking public areas weekend break lounge area stayed for one night tesco tlc kent
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2016

Had a lovely stay here and it really is a great place to stay if you are visiting Tunbridge Wells which is only a few minutes away in a car. Room was very nice and clean. The restaurant was good although they seemed to struggle with my wife being Gluten free at dinner time but were much better at breakfast and the staff then were very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nathan R, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Dear harry w

Many thanks for taking the time out to post your good review.

I am very pleased you had a good time and enjoyed your time with us. I will work with the team to ensure they have better knowledge on gluten free going forward.

We very much hope to welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Upon arrival you are met with well kept gardens and a nice setting. Check-in was pleasant as were the staff at the desks. The room left a little to be desired with signs of wear including blackened grout and seals around the bath, a flat screen TV that blocks the mirror on the dressing table (after-thought obviously) and a bedroom door with a 1/2 inch gab in to the corridor at the bottom of it. I would also have thought that for a 4* hotel you would have a better brand off loo roll that something that appears to have been bought from the kitchen isle at Sainsburys with a resemblence to grease proof paper!

The breakfast itself was okay, however the service didn't leave much to be desired. You were greated by a female (dark hair) who had a potent smell of fags, "have you had breakfast with us before" she asked to which I answered no, "hot food is there *points* cold is there *points* and we have tea and coffee" - there was no effort to suggest a table to sit at or advise that you were to take your own seat. A smile doesn't cost anything especially when it is the first person that you meet in a morning...definitely not the way I would expect to end my experience during an overnight stay.

A few tweeks here and there around 'customer experience' at no cost and I think you'd be on to a winner!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

If you are visiting the area of Royal Tunbridge Wells this is a great place to stay. Surrounded by quiet gardens and just 15 minutes by car into the centre of Tunbridge Wells. Very helpful staff, pleasant rooms and a lovely airy light breakfast room. The spa is a lovely place to chill. A good value (£) quality hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Paul H

Many thanks for taking the time out to post your nice review.

I am very pleased you found the location, staff and breakfast to be good.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Just got home from a one night stay at this hotel, and I have to say I was extremely impressed with the whole stay, especially having read some of the reviews beforehand. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean, tidy and quiet (opposite the pool, Room 243). The pool and jacuzzi were very relaxing, practically had it all to ourselves. We had dinner in The Bistro, and the food was very very nice. Rump steak cooked to perfection. All in all our whole weekend was so relaxed, we struggled to get our backsides in to gear to checkout! Would definitely do another visit

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Vnessie628

Many thanks for your fantastic 5* review.

I am very pleased that you had a superb time with us and I will be sure to share your review with all my team.

We have a new Head Chef and he will be very happy to hear the steak was perfection!!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2016

Went here on a group on deal! Very good value for Bed and Breakfast. Food in the Bistro was lovely and reasonably priced and the breakfast was delicious. Service was generally good, apart from one obnoxious bar staff that we complained about and got a free bottle of prosecco! Spa was looking a bit "tired" and treatments were on the pricey side with good natured beautician who unfortunately does not stop talking!

Room tip: Ground floor room looking out onto garden was nice and light and quiet at night
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Corinne M

Many thanks for taking the time out to post your review.

I am very pleased you found us good value and enjoyed the food and service. Please accept my apologies for the 1 individual that let us down, this certainly is not typical of my staff.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.