“Pleasant hotel for an overnight stay”

Mercure Tunbridge Wells
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pembury
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked this hotel in order to visit relatives nearby. Pleasant hotel right near the new Tunbridge Wells hospital. It was an older building but warm and comfortable. Check in and out was efficient and polite. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Ours was a standard room. It was a reasonable size and nice and warm. A 5ft bed which was comfortable. Clean linens. The bathroom was small but adequate and very clean. Everything worked.
Order breakfast at check in. Only £6 pp and well worth it. A buffet with lots of choice. Unusually the hot food was hot. We did not have dinner there.
Good parking.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the small courtyard garden. It was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Denise V, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you " WarwickshireMarakesh" for your pleasant feedback.

We appreciate all comments of equally a positive and negative nature, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards
Denise

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for one night and was exactly what I was wanting.
Fantastic reception area- Just look up when checking in!!!
I was in room 118, near enough to the bar/restaurant but far enough so as not to be disturbed by noise.
Good restaurant with a good choice. Good bar area with large screen TV (don't worry... it was turned down!).
Room was very comfortable though a little tiered.
It does have a spa with pool but I didn't get chance to use any of the facilities.
All the staff were friendly and accommodating
Summing up i would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Denise V, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

AnEnglishmansOpinion,

I would like to thank you for your review and I was delighted to read that our usual high standards and service shone through during your stay; this is something that myself and the team pride oursevles in deliverying to all our guests.

Maybe next time when you stay with us you can take advantage of the onsite swimming pool and we also have a new beatuty salon for those all important destress times - I personally recommend the Indian Head Massage!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were very pleased with the Mercure for my daughter's wedding earlier this month. Everything went smoothly and the staff were pleasant and efficient. Many thanks to all concerned. The food was very good and "Roberto" made huge efforts to make the day special for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise V, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

"Khamsinn" - Thank you for your positive comments.

We are delighted you enjoyed your special day and thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments on a public forum, we wish you all the best for the future, and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards
Denise

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Mercure Tunbridge Wells served our needs very well. We were on a trip with forty or so others from East Lancs and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is well situated and provided an ideal base for our adventures in Kent. The rooms were fine, quite large and well appointed with excellent storage. The shower, always a must for me, were excellent. The staff were helpful and could not do enough for us. They were understaffed on at least two nights but you would never have known if bubbly Joy our waitress had not told us. I must commend her husband, a larger than life character who gave his all to ensure we had a good stay. Special mention to Jacqui who although having only joined the company quite recently had really taken on board the company ethos of customer service in a quite magnificent manner. If this was my company I would develop her undoubted skills into a management/training role, you have employed a gem here and you need to use this talent.
If I had any criticism it would be the food, it was quite well prepared but I did feel the menus did not flow as well as they should. Difficult to put my finger on the problem but it needs an experts eye to provide food to complement the rest of the hotel.
A bonus for me, a Bill Evans fan, was Chris Sergeant playing great jazz piano for us

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vinylment

Vinylment,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your onlline review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with oursevles and I would like to thank you for the personal note of thanks to Joy, Jacqui and Roberto - they will be over the moon to know that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I am proud to annouce that we have a new Head Chef, Brian, that has started with the hotel and we are confident that this will translate into the food that is produced in the kitchen - watch this space!

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Upon checking in you are greeted by a rather grand oast house room with a lovely tall ceiling. Check-in was good once we got the receptionists attention.
The room was perfectly adequate with all the amenities required. It was a reasonable size - I was staying with my wife and 3 year old so had two beds in room and could still move about easily. The décor was a little tired and reflected the overall feel of the building.
It used be a Ramada Jarvis and there are still the original signs in places just with the old logo kind of covered over which is rather tacky. Could do with a coat of paint and new public doors in place to freshen it up.

Leisure facilities were adequate but by no means special or luxury. The pool was very cold on one occasion but lovely and warm on the other. Had a nice sauna. Changing rooms were very small, particularly old and a little grubby around the edges - Really could have done with a detail clean.

We used the bar for a few drinks and has rather a nice, but small lounge area, and drinks prices not overpriced.

Breakfast was very good, lots of choice, very good quality and all really hot. Plenty of staff available to help out. Asked for decaf coffee and soya milk, all of which was no trouble at all. Great breakfast, well worth the extra.

In summary breakfast excellent, rooms very good, leisure facilities poor-average, overall good - would return, at the right rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Derek-Sam-Joshua,

Many thanks for your online review.

Myself and the team were delighted with your feedback and proud to see that our first class customer care and standards shone through yet again.

We have a new onsite beauty salon (Haya Beauty) that I would recommend you try when you next stay with us - my personal favourite is the Indian Head Massage!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Booked my wedding at this venue which took place last Friday also stayed two nights – really cannot fault this place the staff were absolutely fantastic and could not do enough to make the wedding and the stay hassle free, it was a real pleasure and I am so glad I booked this venue. Food excellent, sometimes you go t o a hotel and the breakfast sausages and bacon looks like they were from the day before. That is certainly not the case here, all freshly cooked.
My daughter’s room was booked for the wrong two nights however this was easily resolved by the reception team with no grief at all and an upgrade to suite for her
Special mention to the Mercures wedding planner Jade who said they would do it all and they did exactly that. The maître d Roberto run the show to perfection, kept order and made it a very happy and special reception.
They have weddings sussed at this place and if you’re looking for an average priced doo that rings of class I can highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Denise V, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

"AletDuck" - Thank you for your positive comments.

We so happy you enjoyed your Wedding and pleased we made your day all the more special. Thank you for taking the time to review your kind feedback on a public forum, we very much appreciate this and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards
Denise Vas

Reviewed September 21, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembury
The Spa Hotel
#1 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Travelodge Tunbridge Wells
Travelodge Tunbridge Wells
#13 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Mercure Tunbridge Wells? Share your experiences!