Upon checking in you are greeted by a rather grand oast house room with a lovely tall ceiling. Check-in was good once we got the receptionists attention.
The room was perfectly adequate with all the amenities required. It was a reasonable size - I was staying with my wife and 3 year old so had two beds in room and could still move about easily. The décor was a little tired and reflected the overall feel of the building.
It used be a Ramada Jarvis and there are still the original signs in places just with the old logo kind of covered over which is rather tacky. Could do with a coat of paint and new public doors in place to freshen it up.
Leisure facilities were adequate but by no means special or luxury. The pool was very cold on one occasion but lovely and warm on the other. Had a nice sauna. Changing rooms were very small, particularly old and a little grubby around the edges - Really could have done with a detail clean.
We used the bar for a few drinks and has rather a nice, but small lounge area, and drinks prices not overpriced.
Breakfast was very good, lots of choice, very good quality and all really hot. Plenty of staff available to help out. Asked for decaf coffee and soya milk, all of which was no trouble at all. Great breakfast, well worth the extra.
In summary breakfast excellent, rooms very good, leisure facilities poor-average, overall good - would return, at the right rate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Tunbridge Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel Pembury
- Ramada Hotel Tunbridge Wells
- Ramada Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Royal Tunbridge Wells Ramada
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Pembury, Royal Tunbridge Wells