“Mmmm lobster”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Came hear as we heard it had excellent seafood and weren't disappointed! Very friendly staff and nice pub atmosphere, only let down was the spicy chips which just tasted of curry powder to me, otherwise a really lovely meal.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I try to visit every Sunday as we enjoy the roasts! Having a pub ourselves we enjoy the change of scenery and friendly service!! Our dog Dobby also loves it as he gets lots of attention and there is always a sausage on hand for him :) great pub! Many thanks, Gem

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Don't be put off by first impressions of this pub, food and service was the best we've had in a very long time! Highly recommended homemade delicious food!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Having found Scotney Castle shut after an hours drive due to the imminent storm, we turned our attention to finding somewhere for lunch in the local area. Tripadvisor reviews rated the Black Horse in Pembury so we headed straight there. Parking the car in a road opposite, we arrived.

At 13:00 on a Sunday with no booking, we expect good places to be busy, which this was. However, we were greeted very kindly, and pretty much straight away. A couple of checks on tables and within minutes we had a table for three next to the carvery through the back, having been looked after by at least 3 staff including what I think was probably the owner.

What a feast came to us.

Carvery lunch plus dessert for £16.50. Huge range of veg, meats galore and a very friendly atmosphere - well created by the staff, who were by no means your typical Sunday / holiday / weekend draft ins.

Thank you Black Horse for a quality Sunday lunch. We have told others of our experience and will will be back.

Michael

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We chose the Black Horse in Pembury for my Hen night dinner due to it's reviews and proximity to our hotel, and I couldn't be happier with that decision!
I was slightly nervous taking 14 city girls to a pub in the country that I'd never been to before... however the food, drink selection, and hospitality was absolutely fantastic. We sampled a wide range of dishes between us, and there were only compliments from the group - the steaks in particular were delicious and huge! We had one vegetarian and one gluten free girl in the group and the staff went out of their way to check the suitability of the dishes and offer alternatives where possible.
The pub has a lovely atmosphere, both in the restaurant and bar. We were quite a rowdy group, but at no point did we feel an inconvenience.
Finally, the landlord, Gary, is possibly one of the loveliest men I have ever met - he was accommodating, hilarious and entirely accepting of us taking over his bar! Thank you Gary!
I cannot recommend this pub highly enough.