“Lovely Place and Great Experience!!”

Fairview Wine and Cheese
Full-Day Winelands Tour with Tastings from Cape Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our hotel receptionist suggested this place and boy are we glad she did! It's a beautiful little place and is done up fantastically. Everywhere you look there is and influence of the grape vine. Even the porches are covered with vine instead of other creepers. Definitely gives the place a distinct feeling and look. The wines and cheeses are great and so are the staff. Really enjoyed every bit of it. You can shop for cheeses and breads, which even some of the locals do, as we were told by our guide/driver. The food is reasonably good and the atmosphere great. It's a must do. We stayed in Paarl so it was easier for us to do, but if you are in Cape Town its less than an hour's drive from the waterfront.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was fortunate to do a wine tasting this weekend. I was there early and I would highly recommend this. I've been to Fairview before but with just me there and not loads of other 'tasters' to deal with, I really enjoyed it a lot.
Being there on my own the person serving me was generous and let me taste some of their highest rated wines (normally this would not happen, as the amount of feet going through would finish all the good stuff and they won't have enough to sell).
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the wines. They have four wines that received 5* ratings with John Platter in 2013. I always thought of Fairview as a goat farm with a family friendly atmosphere. They are clearly more than that and Anthony de Jager knows what he is doing.
The cheese tasting was pleasant as well. It helps with not rushing through six wines and heading out to the next farm. It slows you down to walk to the cheese table and try different cheeses with different wines. To all my French friends reading this, please note that cheese is made from pasteurized milk, so don't expect French flavors. There is a good variety of cheeses to choose from.
I can advise booking ahead of time. There is a private tasting that you can do in a group that is on my to do list for the next year.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great venue, food, restaurant, wine tasting, cheese and garden.
I have been to Fairview on numerous trips and loved it every time.
I also love taking family and friends there. We always have a great time.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our first stop on our wine tour, Fairview was a great time. The wines were delicious, you could have as much cheese as you wanted with your wines, and the selection for both were expansive. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly, and the place seemed very kid-friendly as well. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was one of 4 vineyards I visited today and it had by far the nicest atmosphere. The great variety of cheese, in particular, were great. Highly recommend it.