The Kikar Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$67
$40
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewszip lineflying foxquad bikingadventure activitiespaint ballnight safarijungle safarioutdoor activitiesawesome placetable tennisa great experiencenature walkbeautiful resortkids and adultsgreat weekendfamily and friendsperfect destination
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I recently went for a holiday and stayed in this wonderful jungle resort called Kikar Lodge in Roopnagar, Punjab. The surroundings are heavenly and the facilities amazingly decent. We spent three fantastic days at Kikar Lodge. We have seldom been able to relax in the same manner for years. One can simply laze with a beer by the swimming pool, take a plunge, try the amazingly thrilling zipline (feel what it is like to be Tarzan), or take a jungle trek. We found the staff extremely cooperative and the service prompt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amitava_bose
Amarindar, General Manager at The Kikar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback. it was a pleasure to host you and your wife at the lodge. i look forward to having you with us soon.

Best Wishes,

Amarindar Singh

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I spend 2 days at the Kikar Lodge with friends. It was relaxing, combined with adventure for those who wanted it and peaceful.
For the first time I tried the Zip line and did not feel afraid as the monitors were good. I also had a very satisfying massage in the spa. The food was good too. Altogether a satisfying trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are good as far as I can make out. Moreover there doesn't seem to be any difference in the location, all rooms have a view of the hills and the forest. There is no noise except that of birds and some animals.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Footloose2013

Thank you for your feedback, i look forward to having you with us soon. We are constantly adding new activities at the lodge so that each time you come and visit us there is something new and exciting.

Regards

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Firstly, the positives: great spa/massage, excellent zip lining and quad trekking. The staff helpfulness for the activities mentioned and for horse riding was good, very nice people. Pool area was clean and nice. The food in restaurant was good.

Negatives: the deluxe suite room condition was a disgrace! Dirty looking, smelly and horrible decor, NOTHING like the website. Feel very cheated in this respect. There a flock of geese on site, kept us awake most of the night with their noise. The staff at restaurant can be very unhelpful, but some are ok.

My advice is go to Kikar Lodge for the activities but do not stay overnight, the accommodation value is of 3-4,000 Rs quality only, NOT 10,000 Rs that we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandhup

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear about your experience at the lodge, having said that i have looked into the problem and have taken the appropriate steps to make sure that this does not happen again.
I personally invite you and your family to come and stay with us so that i can change your opinion about us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally the next time you plan a visit. Look forward to hosting you and the family soon.

Regards

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I spent 2 nights & 3 days with my 8 yr old son who loved all the excitement of living in a tent & all the activities. Management & staff were polite & helpful and the food was good. The place is well managed by Sachin & his team who take care of the hosts.
Cellular connectivity is a huge problem but then one doesn't go to a place like this to constantly stay connected.
The spa is good but it gets noisy and when you're having a massage you don't want to hear loud noises.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Avneeshr

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback.
I have already looked into the noise factor at the spa, so that the next time you visit us you would get a noise free massage.

I look forward to hosting you and your lovely family with us soon.

Best Wishes,

Amarindar Singh

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights and three days at Kikar Lodge. The setting is in the middle of a natural forest with the flora and fauna of the Sivaliks. The rooms are air-conditioned large and well appointed. The cot is very comfortable as were the sofas. there is a provision of a sit out with a table and chairs. A pair of bed room slippers (use and throw) made the stay even more comfortable. The toiletries consisted of a dental and shaving kit which is usually not provided elsewhere. the soaps have a lovely fragrance, and in our case it was mint and lemongrass. Instantaneous hot water is available and thoughtfully a discreet clothesline as well. The cupboards had a number of hangers.
The staff is soft spoken and efficient and respond to requests with alacrity. The chefs are obviously well trained, and the spread is sufficiently varied both at any given meal as well as over the range of meals. Requests for items not on the spread are entertained. The honey is natural.
There are pools with not only deck chairs, but cots as well where one can doze of under the sun or the shade after a swim.
There are a range of activities. The zipline(tyrolean traverse) is the longest that I have ever experienced and firmly anchored. Beside mountain bikes which one finds in most places, there are cross-country buggies, which is rare to find.
Requests for a taste of the local culture in the form of bhangra dancers are catered to, given some notice.
My wife enjoyed the experience hugely. It certainly was value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shaitaan_99

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you and your wife with us, and look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Best Wishes for the entire team at Kikar.