“Not good”
Review of The Wilderness

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mudumalai
The Wilderness
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had been to 2 standard cottage in this resort last weekend along with my family of four.I had booked it two days before my arrival and also on day before,I had called up the contact person from Bangalore,that I am reaching the resort by 12.00 Noon.
On reaching the resort I was made to wait for good 15 mins ,since they started cleaning the rooms after our arrival.
Then on getting the rooms,I asked Mr Andi,the caretaker of the resort the hot water for bath.He said he had to switch on teh boiler.Even after waiting for an hour he did not bother switching it ON.Also the lunch was not ready till 1.30PM.
Then we got frustrated and called the Bangalore person and I told her that I am not happy with the service.Then Mr.Andi came to me and was asking to me rudely "Whats my problem".
Lunch was provided to us only at 2.30PM.

Later at night when we asked for Campfire at about 9.30PM,he said its not possible since it was already late.Even the other family was keen in campfire.He just refused to make arrangements.

Even though We had booked the rooms for one full day,I got frustrated and left the place early morning at 9.

The food was just OK.Same menu for the lunch and for dinner except for one item.
Only poori and bread toast for breakfast left us with little options.

The resort is good,nice location and the infrastructure is nice.But I felt the caretaker is very arrogant.

Hence the owners /management please look into the matter.

Room Tip: better book a deluxe cottage as it may have some added facilities
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank sharath086

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at the Wilderness homestay for a single night with my wife and another couple. The food served was good - had a homemade feel to it but if you are north indian & vegetarian your options are restricted to sambar-rice, mixed vegetables in gravy with chapati for both meals, non-veg can have in-house chicken/turkey/duck. Given that we paid thrice the usual night charge as we spent the weekend before christmas, it wasnt such a great deal but definitely yes for the usual package. Its very close to the RTO gate for Mudumalai - so if you are coming from Bangalore in a hired cab and have no plans for Ooty or Pykara Falls then ask the driver to park it before the RTO office (technically the car will be in Bandipur) - you'll save close to 1000 bucks on RTO fees.

Room Tip: Dont take the room next to kitchen, as its close to the cages of hens/ducks/turkeys make a lot of no...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DeeBee85
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Me with my friends visited "The Wilderness" resort on Oct 20 2012, we had a great experience in and around the resort. After entering the resort our next day plan suddenly got changed everyone such a good place. one of the most memorable outing it was, good accommodation facility with good food in affordable price. We had a great time over there, Really nice "The Wilderness" in wild....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Shiv508
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mudumalai
Bamboo Banks Farm Guest House
12 mi away
Glyngarth Resorts
Glyngarth Resorts
#20 of 94 in Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Jungle Hut
1 mi away
Deep Jungle Home
Deep Jungle Home
#1 of 3 in Mudumalai

Been to The Wilderness? Share your experiences!