I had gone with my friends for a two day trip to fishermans cove. We didnt do much on the first day. We spent some time at the pool and spent the night at the beach. The room and service was good as always except for the lunch buffet which was Rs.2100 plus taxes! They had couple of activities at the resort and so we thought we could try one. We went for catamaran ride. They took us in a boat and stopped somewhere in the middle and we jumped into the water. While we were playing, I suddenly felt a shock on my leg and started shouting. One of friends told me that it was some plant when comes in contact with the skin it ll burn. Then I started to untangle, thinking it was some plant. The next minute another friend of mine started shouting and we all got really scared and shouted on top our voices. It was burning as if my legs were set on fire! We asked the person to pull the rope and finally got into the boat and realised that it was jelly fish! Then i realised it was not a plant and I literally touched and felt the jelly fish on my legs. We were hardly there for 5 mins, and our skin was burning so badly that we almost cried and my blood pressure went down. They brought us back to the room and gave us vinegar.'Vinegar neutralises the poison'. That was what we saw while googling. But still we weren't convinced and asked for a medic. That guy was so sick. We saw the fishermen who came with us asking the doctor 'do you know jelly fish'?. We were like 'what'. We came to know that he was a 'so called medic'. Then we rushed to the nearby hospital and got ourselves treated and came back to the room and slept. That day was just a mere disappointment. I know it was totally unexpected, nevertheless the fishermen could have been even more cautious and alert. We din really enjoy the trip because of that incident. It was truly a nightmare. The burning sensation was there for a couple of days. I still have the marks on my leg. It's been a week now. The reason am sharing this is to avoid such incidents and don want you guys to be disappointed as we were. If at all you are planning for a ride then:
1. Pls beware and ask the fishermen to look around if there is any jellyfish around and then get into the water and ask him to always be alert.
2. If you happen to be attacked, as soon you come to the room apply as much vinegar as possible.
3. Take some antibiotic or some allergy tablet. We took Allegra, as recommended by the doctor.
4. Cover yourself fully to avoid this cos one of my friend was in her tracks while I was in my shorts and got the most if it!
I should agree it would have been real fun if not for jelly fish. Still I would recommend this ride as it was still an experience!! Have a nice trip, cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fisherman's Cove, Chennai, built on the ramparts of an old Dutch fort, is now riding on a fresh new wave. Yet it remains the charming beach resort that's almost one with the Bay of Bengal. Where fun lovers return for good times. There's a nice new buzz however. In the renewed cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the high energy bar, and the spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fisherman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fisherman`s Cove, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)