“World Class Hospitality, so true!”
Review of Venardos Hotel

Venardos Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Agia Pelagia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Whenever my family and I visit Kythera, we stay at the Venardos Hotel and Spa. (10 years now)
The hotel is very well run and safe. The staff is helpful and the breakfasts are like French cuisine!
One night, the hotel owner, Tasso Venardos, took my family to a country restaurant...a lovely evening we will never forget! Often, my children pine about returning to the Venardos hotel. The staff is kind to children too.
It is a tranquil and beautiful island. If you are looking for Disney, do not visit here.

Room Tip: email the hotel if you have specific needs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Roi G

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very convenient location, walking distance to beach, village and other monuments. Very
helpful front desk staff. Clean, comfortable room, modern looking hotel with great view and very
close to beach.
Great location in beautiful Agia Pelagia.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kayce k
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The staff is very kind and nice, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

It gives me great pleasure to recommend this hotel. The owner collected me from the airport, drove me on a scenic tour of the island and spoke very good English. Nothing was too much to ask, Marriott oils even learn from the hospitality that I received. My sea view room with large balcony was very comfortable and well air conditioned. The swimming pool clean and safe and the breakfast perfect. I have never seen a sandwich toaster before in a hotel and it made a great ham and cheese breakfast. Our proprietor was able to recommend a very pleasant restaurant near by where I ate a two course meal with drinks for two people for 33 euro, bargain price and very good food. My usual hotel in mainstrem hotel land is a Marriott or Hilton and I can safely say that whilst you obviously won't find one of these on this island, this hotel won't disappoint you, perfect stay, thanks

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ogmc
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in Kythira in June 2012 and we are looking for a nice hotel which will be close to the beach. The room was big and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was excellent (home-made jams, fruits from owner's farm). The pool was ok but the best was the location of the hotel (100 meters from beach).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank PANOS21
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Kythira is one of the most romantic and picturesque islands of Greece and Venardos Hotel is the ideal place to stay. My wife and I visited Kythira last summer and the room we stayed in was big, clean and comfortable, with a beautiful veranda overlooking the village and the sea. The beach is only a few meters away but a couple of times we decided to use the spa and the pool of the hotel which are really well-maintained and clean. The staff was impeccably courteous, helpful and friendly throughout our whole stay. We were particularly impressed with the owner of the hotel and his wife, who made sure that our visit was perfect! Overall an extra-ordinary experience that one wishes to repeat!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank peter a
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was in Kythira island in August 2011 and, also if I didn't like Kythira (too wild, nothing to do if you don't like to drive kilometers to reach sea and beaches), it was a nice surprise to discover Venardos hotel. The team was very kind, great breakfast with home-made jams and marmalade. We had a room with wonderful terrace and everything was excellent, quiet, clean. The pool was clean and well-working. A good address!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Livadi
Margarita Hotel
Margarita Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kythira Town

Been to Venardos Hotel? Share your experiences!