Venardos Hotel
$54
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
$59
Kythera Irida hotel(Agia Pelagia)
Studios Maniati(Elafonisos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ownerwithin walking distanceexceptional staffhomemade jamsyogurtfantastic experiencebeautiful hotelgreat breakfastwifikythiraislandtranquilexpirienceloukoumadesseabeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

It gives me great pleasure to recommend this hotel. The owner collected me from the airport, drove me on a scenic tour of the island and spoke very good English. Nothing was too much to ask, Marriott oils even learn from the hospitality that I received. My sea view room with large balcony was very comfortable and well air conditioned. The swimming pool clean and safe and the breakfast perfect. I have never seen a sandwich toaster before in a hotel and it made a great ham and cheese breakfast. Our proprietor was able to recommend a very pleasant restaurant near by where I ate a two course meal with drinks for two people for 33 euro, bargain price and very good food. My usual hotel in mainstrem hotel land is a Marriott or Hilton and I can safely say that whilst you obviously won't find one of these on this island, this hotel won't disappoint you, perfect stay, thanks

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ogmc
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in Kythira in June 2012 and we are looking for a nice hotel which will be close to the beach. The room was big and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was excellent (home-made jams, fruits from owner's farm). The pool was ok but the best was the location of the hotel (100 meters from beach).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank PANOS21
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Kythira is one of the most romantic and picturesque islands of Greece and Venardos Hotel is the ideal place to stay. My wife and I visited Kythira last summer and the room we stayed in was big, clean and comfortable, with a beautiful veranda overlooking the village and the sea. The beach is only a few meters away but a couple of times we decided to use the spa and the pool of the hotel which are really well-maintained and clean. The staff was impeccably courteous, helpful and friendly throughout our whole stay. We were particularly impressed with the owner of the hotel and his wife, who made sure that our visit was perfect! Overall an extra-ordinary experience that one wishes to repeat!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank peter a
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was in Kythira island in August 2011 and, also if I didn't like Kythira (too wild, nothing to do if you don't like to drive kilometers to reach sea and beaches), it was a nice surprise to discover Venardos hotel. The team was very kind, great breakfast with home-made jams and marmalade. We had a room with wonderful terrace and everything was excellent, quiet, clean. The pool was clean and well-working. A good address!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank milbiel
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Descent Hotel with quite friendly staff. We stayed 4 nights in August 2011 in room 310.The room was on the highest floor and had the best view of all rooms, overlooking Ag.Pelagia port and Cape Maleas in Peloponnese. The room was big and comfortable with all kinds of furniture available to store your stuff. However, there was no elevator and we carried our own luggage all the stairs up by ourselves as we arrived late at 10pm and there was only a lady in reception who could not help us. The furniture was in good condition but too dark and rather old fashioned. The shower was pretty average. Small and a curtain that stuck on your body all the time. 120 euros during peak season is too much for such an average hotel room.Regarding "spa" facilities only sauna was available at an additional cost of 7euros. Breakfast was included in the price and was average. Highlight was some homemade delicacies different on everyday.

Room Tip: Decent hotel.But overpriced in August.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple