Tripadvisor
Koppal
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews across the river anegundi village uramma house his team hampi bazaar heritage home lovely place homemade bread main hampi boat ride off season quiet village helped us plan delicious food amazing experience could have been better take care
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Our stay at the visual memory studio was one of the most memorable of our entire trip to India. Situated in the ancient town of Anegundi, which is older than Hampi itself, the location provides both serenity and the chance to explore this underappreciated.. That said it is important to note that most of the attractions associated with Hampi are on the other side of a river that divides the north and the south and the boats crossing this river only go until six in the evening. However we found that by renting Scooters we were able to explore all of the northside well into the evening. In the day we rented bicycles that we took on the boat over to the southside to explore all of the ruins of Hampi. Hampi and the surrounding areas were the highlight of our trip to India.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2019

A village experience just a short walk away from the ferry service to the Hampi ruins. The rooms are clean, basic and comfy. Dont expect modern amenities like air conditioning, wifi or TV. Since its in the middle of dense vegetation, you might have visitors like lizards or spiders in your room. Keep your insect repellant spray handy, especially at night. The family traveling with us had monkeys thumping on their cottage roof in the early morning.
The only problem we faced is that we did not get hot water for a bath, even after we asked for it repeatedly. The front desk kept saying that the heater is on, but for some reason we had only cold water in the taps.
Food was plentiful, delicious and always had good variety. The staff are always smiling, very accomodating and friendly. If I had to go back to Hampi, I would stay in this homestay again, without a second thought.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 16, 2019

I booked this cottage based on the all positive reviews, but was a little disappointed with it. I felt the rooms were not worth the price we payed.

The idea is quite nice - secluded homes away from the hustle and bustle of Hampi, in the traditional style. But the implementation could have been better.

Our main concerns were that (1) the sheets were not very clean - there were stains and some sheets had holes in them and (2) the roof needs to be dealt with better - there was some tent like cloth under the tiled roof, but this tent was extremely dirty and full of holes. Bugs like caterpillars and millipedes kept coming down into the rooms (3) on day one we got lukewarm water for bathing and on day two not even that (4) At 5AM a nearby temple began playing very loud music, so we were forced to awake at that hour. (5) Communication needs to be improved - it was confirmed to me by email that my advance payment was received, but during checkout, they said they had received Rs 500 less than what was sent. I have no problem paying the extra money, but not after it was confirmed that it was received. On the positive side, they did not insist I pay the extra Rs 500. Further, I was told that the driver's food and accommodation was Rs 500, but while checkout was told that this was per day! Again, this needs to be said upfront. But again, they did not insist on it after I showed the email with the quotes. (6) Dinner was good, but expensive.

On the plus side, the breakfast was very nice. The staff was helpful. The traditional cottages are charming. With a few upgrades, this place can become amazing.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019

Very good cottage in Anengundi fortified village. Rooms are spacious and clean and staff very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend to have at least one meal there as the chef cooks delicious Indian food, you can't miss it. We took the boat to cross river to Hampi where our favorite TukTuk driver - Viru was waiting for us for a full day visiting the monuments and temples. I absolutely recommend Viru to anyone that stay over here.
The only less good point is that you will be wake up by the speaker of the village temple at 6 am. On the other positive side, you wake up early to avoid all tourist in Hampi.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

I spent here 3 days in off season. Close to visit hampi ruins (just a hop over the river) , but far enough to avoid crowded hampi. I stayed in one of the cottages in the beautiful garden. Everything Perfectly clean, lots of space, authentic interior.
Food was always very very nice. Don't miss the dinner! There was no a la Carte or buffet (due to off season), but each evening, I got a wide variation of local food. Simply superb tasty!

Last not least, the people! Friendly, helpful, flexible!

For me, it was a perfect time at a perfect place.

Date of stay: April 2019