“Not the best”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not the best”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My resort (Pan Pacific) recommended this company for a quad bike tour through some of their resort activities. Compared to another company I was looking at, the price was a good deal of $70AUD for an hours tour, with pick up from my resort to their office and drop back to resort.

Whilst I ended up doing the tour for 2 hours, I can't say I would recommended this company.

To start with, no one asked me if I had any experience quad biking, or showed me how to operate the bike. Lucky for me, I am an experienced rider so it wasn't very daunting for me, however given quad biking can be dangerous for the inexperienced this should be the first thing they do.
I was, however, shown that to start the bike you just twist two wires together. The hand brake is also, well, non-existent. It is just the closest rock you can find to stick under your front tyres. Don't try and stop too suddenly either, as the foot brake (not handle bar brake as standard on most quads), didn't work very well.

The tour does take you to a beautiful cliff face to look out over the black sandy beaches, and you do ride through some small villages and rice paddies to get a nice feel of the area, and the locals are friendly, but it just wasn't worth the money for me.

Some of the areas you ride through just aren't safe, particularly if you don't have much quad biking experience and I ended up refusing to go through some of them, despite my experience riding.

I have a fair bit of quad biking experience, so am comfortable going through some rugged environments, but even for me, this just wasn't safe. Particularly on such a worn bike that didn't have all the right operating gears.

Lastly, whilst cheap and an amazing photographer, they don't tell you about the photographer that tags along on the back of the guides bike and takes photos of you. Whilst a good idea, this should be offered up front and confirmed if you want the photographer. The cost was $30, and he did take some good pics, however I just found it a bit sneaky and dishonest not to disclose this up front.

I recommend going with a more reputable company if you can.

Visited June 2014