I have stayed at Echo Valley four times in the past two years, most recently during late July/early August 2007. I hope to visit there regularly in the years to come. It is a wonderful place located in the most picturesque setting imaginable.
Echo Valley is a place where I can unwind, relax, and slow down in the company of interesting people from all over the world. When I visited with my teenagers, they took the active path - horseback riding, fitness center, hikes in the woods and lots of visits to the hot tub. But my style is more to read and relax in the big comfy chairs of Dove Lodge, get lots of massage and spa treatments, and focus on the good things like clean air, no noise, pure water and vistas that leave me speechless. The sunset on Mount Bowman behind Dove Lodge is particularly lovely.
Norm Dove and his wife, Nan, go out of their way to make guests feel at home, in their home. The housekeeping staff keep the rooms spotless, and the kitchen staff (including Chef Kim) ensure no appetite goes unfilled.
If there are negatives they are minor. I wish my cell phone worked there but it's probably as well that it doesn't. A phone in the lobby is available for guest use. I wish there was a TV in the rooms so that I could watch news at the end of the day. There is a huge screen satellite TV off the games room in Dove Lodge and there is wireless internet. And it can become quite cool once the sun sets because EVR is over 3500 feet high. Jackets are recommended even in summer. The days can be hot but the evenings are cool.
Echo Valley Ranch and Spa is not for those who want wild nightlife (unless it is wolves in the distance howling at the moon). But someone searching for a genuine spa experience with outdoor activities in a beautiful mountain setting will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond