This was our second visit to Echo Valley and it was just as amazing as the first time. It was definitely worth the drive to get there, although we did have the option to fly to Kamloops and be driven to the ranch.
Seeing Norm and Nan (the owners) and their staff again was like meeting up with old friends and we soon settled into our room at the Dove Lodge. As we did on our last trip, we took advantage of many of the activities offered. We enjoyed trail rides, the morning stretching exercise class, a magnificent flight-seeing tour in Norm's Cessna, walking in the woods with the resident border collies, and mingling with the horses, donkey, chickens, turkeys, cattle. We also enjoyed watching the training of the falcons. We topped it all off with the most sublime Thai massages.
We certainly enjoyed the magnificent dishes prepared by Chef Kim. The food was all top notch and included many local, organically grown ingredients. There were many meal choices available, all of them delicious. We joined many of the guests in an after dinner walk down the length of the ranch's private airstrip (remember, it doesn't count unless you touch the fence at the end of the runway)!
Everything about the ranch and spa made us feel relaxed and comfortable while still enjoying the luxury of a five-star resort. We met many interesting guests during our stay and really appreciated that we could enjoy activities on our own or with our fellow guests.
The amenities of the ranch are all first class but it is the warm hospitality of the owners and their amazing staff that will keep us coming back.
If you like to see more pictures from our trip you can check out my Flickr page at;
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond