As part of our 5 week honeymoon in Canada, we spent 4 nights at EVR. With hindsight we wished we could have spent a week here.
Location - out of the way, peaceful, tranquil.
Atmosphere -friendly. laid back.
Accommodation - honeymoon cabin beautiful, great view of horses in the fields and sunset. Own Jacuzzi pool to sit in while sipping wine! Other rooms (standard) were excellent too -we'd be happy in any of them.
Food - gournet and fantastic choice and quantity (buffet style). Fantastic Thai night and BBQ another night.
Staff - Norma and Nan and the team at EVR are fabulous.
Service is exceptional. Staff ratio really is about one to one -certainly felt that way. Wranglers went out of their way to show us how to lassoo and throw horseshoes. First name terms with staff by the end - always professional, but at the same time felt like staying with family.
Activities - horses galore, plus amazing flight seeing trip. Guided walks in the morning, Thai yoga classes if you want an early start, walking, fishing etc. Didn't have time for last two. Rides were great -fantastic views and scenery.
If you like dogs -you'll especially love "adopting" one of the 8 collies they have (they come and sit on your cabin porch if you want)
Treatments -Thai massage and facials were fantastic -as good as any top london spa, with benefit of fantastic setting to not spoil the moment when you leave.
If anyone is planning a special holiday/honeymoon in Canada and any of the above appeals, I would absolutely recommend EVR.
We shall definitely be going back for an anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond