After all the Christmas craziness, we couldn't think of a better way to ring in the New Year than to go back for another visit to Echo Valley. We made the drive up New Year's Eve and came prepared with chains to face winter driving conditions. We didn't need them at all as the road conditions were good, even after turning off the highway.
We were warmly greeted by owners Norm and Nan and shown to our beautiful room upstairs in the main lodge. We went for a long walk with the wonderful border collies and came back prepared for a fun gathering and to enjoy an amazing New Year's Eve dinner. As on our previous visits, we met many interesting and very nice guests and had a great time socializing with them. After dinner, we all went outside for a campfire and were entertained by Tania and her guitar.
We came back inside from the cold just before midnight and rang in the New Year with champagne, yummy snacks and a dance party with the ranch staff.
One of our favourite things about Echo Valley is how relaxed and welcoming it is. We didn't participate in all of the activities that we had enjoyed previously as we wanted to take it easy this time. A lot of the other guests were very busy as there are still many activities to enjoy at the ranch regardless of the weather outside. It was great to hear about the other guests' adventures at mealtime over a glass of wine and lots of laughs. In particular the spa treatments are a wonderful indulgence.
The morning after the New Year's Eve party, we were treated to a delicious brunch. After another delightful meal that evening, we all went to the conference room at the Baan Thai lodge for a slide show of the New Year's Party and a hilarious karaoke evening for those of us who dared. It was certainly an unforgettable start to the New Year.
Thank you to Norm, Nan and the amazing staff at Echo Valley Ranch and Spa. This is a very special place that we can't recommend highly enough. On each of our visits we have been treated like royalty and had such a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond