I recently spent 2 relaxing nights at the Echo Valley Ranch and Spa. They have managed to combine an upscale ranch resort with a Thai spa experience, an unlikely pairing! I was a bit unprepared for the 35 KM gravel road access and glad we didn't take my car! We stayed in one of the two lodges, 'Lookout Lodge'. It had a common area with couches/fireplace and magazines in case you wanted to relax outside of your room and not in the main lodge. The main lodge, where the meals are served is lovely and relaxing with magnificent views all around. Although there is no cell phone reception or tv's in the guest cabins/rooms there is a courtesy phone and tv room located in the main lodge.
The food was excellent. Great variety and quality. Dining is family style so it was very social at meal times. I had a treatment at the spa and it was one of the best I've ever experienced. We also did a trail ride which was very enjoyable despite the attack mosquitoes. There are many optional activities including flightseeing with the owner, Norm and his plane, mountain-biking, fly fishing, hiking, culinary lessons, and Thai yoga, but my favourite part of the stay was just the relaxing and bucolic atmosphere. There staff and animals all made us feel welcome and allevieted any stresses brought from the city. I look forward to a return visit to the EVR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond