Hotel Bhadrawati Palace
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bhandarej
See available hotels
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Amanbagh(Ajabgarh)
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2012

such a nice place for spending holidays.i enjoyed a lot in the palace.it such a adventerous place for showing extra curricullar activities.it is huge and very well constructed and it such a different place .hope next time whenever i got the chance for going dis place i never forget the palace of bhadravati and surely i reach the palace for spending some time to see again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank darekartik11
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Sure things don't not work all the time but this is rural India. The staff were friendly and attentive, the food cheap and delicious, the camel ride scary as hell but that was my choice, the room basic, but it was clean, the villagers and the the village market gave me an Idea of what life is like for the average Indian family. It was not five star but it was real. At night we had a trio of talented musicians and we visited the small temple for evening prayers. A highlight of my tour,

Room Tip: Take on on the corner as ther3 is an extra alcove with more room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank NYTim
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed in the run down formerly majestic 'palace' and found it creepy and dangerous. The bedroom I stated in was up a flight of steps on a roof. It wasn't lit at night. There were lots of locals lolling about particularly at the dining room.The shower was temperamental and there were insects everywhere. To be fair, it is off the beaten track at the impoverished village bhandarej so five star excellence shouldn't be expected. And we were there when it was absolutely poring rain: the type of weather to wash away any atmosphere that may have been there.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed February 11, 2011

After reading other reviews, I have to admit, this place is not for everyone. They don't have fancy rooms and bathrooms. They don't dress the staff as The Ritz or The Fours Seasons hotel do. They don't have swing big band or violist to entertain you during the dinner; they only have Rajashtan musician for that. So if you want to experience and enjoy staying in a rural Indian, this place certainly can offer that.

The hotel that is used to be a palace is 400 years old but still has the charm. Of course you can expect a real palace experience but at least they have decent clean bathroom with hot shower available all the time since each room has its own heater. The food was excellent, one of the best I had in India.

The other thing that I like about this hotel is the village. You can walk or take a camel ride to enjoy the village to meet the real Indian people which are not aggressive towards tourist. It was one of the highlights of my trip. I would certainly recommend this place. I'm glad the tour company took us to the place.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed October 28, 2010

A 400-year-old palace that has been renovated into a “hotel”. Scary place. Looks like it hadn’t been painted or cleaned since it was built. I have to admit, I was sick the one night we stayed here and didn’t leave the room. But everyone in my group seemed to have had the same impression I did about this place.

First of all, the porter was very nice and attentive. But we didn’t feel welcome there at all. Staff just stared at us, really creepy like. They never smiled. Just stared. My wife went to get me a few bottles of water and they wanted to deliver to our room in order to get a tip. Our guide said that when she stayed here last, her sunglasses and a gold necklace went missing so that we should be sure to lock up our valuables at all times. Our group didn’t have problems, but we were certainly glad to leave.

Our bedroom was dirty. I spent a significant amount of time in the bathroom, and while I was in there I watched dozens of ants of all sizes wander around. The shower doesn’t have a shower curtain, so water gets everywhere. Most disgusting was that when we walked with wet feet out into the main part of the bedroom and then came back into the bathroom, our footprints were literally muddy the floor is so dirty. The water glass in the bathroom was so filthy you couldn’t see through it.

We stayed here as part of a tour package meant to show you a quaint Indian village. It’s not quaint, far from it. If possible, either avoid or just be prepared.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple