Hotel Shubh Suvidha, in Somnath
The meaning of Shubh = Auspicious, Suvidha = facilities
It is neither Shubh, nor it offers any Suvidha
Stayed on Nov2nd
We checked in as late as 7 pm on 2nd Nov as the road we travelled from Porbandar was atrocious, only to find our room was not done, the toilet seat was urinated on, by the previous occupiers or the staff them selves.
There was water every where in the room as the air conditioning was leaking, I told them to place some towels to absorb the water from the flooded area, and switch the air condoning off completely.
The bed linen looked like never been washed since they were first purchased, as they looked so pale, full of stains, and smelled horrible. After complained, they were changed to some better looking ones but still not to a hotel standard.
Bathroom was a grim place to be, as you could not spread your both arms, the poor shower was in hardly working condition, and toilet seat was not too far away from it.
All in all the whole room looked like a room in Mumbai slum, even a room in slum would be better lit.
When complained about the standard. There was a standard answer “Sir we can change room for you” not realising we had had a tough day on the road and were desperate for some rest.
I even asked for a refund of full (hefty) amount of £56, which was sky higher than what we paid, for Sonnest Inn in Goa only £38, which offered unbelievably 4 star, luxuries (please see a separate review)
We have had a breakfast in their dirty looking restaurants, lucky enough not to have picked up any bugs.
I am shocked to know and experience such a poor place run as a hotel to exploit unsuspecting pilgrims who visit pilgrimage place like Somnath!
Is there any one who can shut down such black hole that is sucking up money form the innocent customers?
Or shall I expect this realistic review on Subh Suvidha will one day help customers stop going, and it will shut itself down!
I hope so.
Did Subh Suvidha pass A Happy Traveller’s 11 points Test?
1, Found the location peaceful? -----No
2. Comfort in room? ---- No
3, Good sleep quality? -- No
4, Comfort in bathroom? ---- No
5. Tea coffee making facility, hair dryer provided? – No
6, Bed linen, Towels clean? –No
7, Supplied enough towels and napkins? -- No
8, Cleanliness? --- No
9, Crockery used were claen? ----No
10, Was the standard of food Good? ---.No
11, Courtesy? ---- Only in hope of tips
This place has failed to score any point out of 11
Thank you all
A Not so Happy Traveller from UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Shubh Suvidha is ideally located just 1.5 KM from Somnath Temple, from Somnath Railway Station. The hotel has 25 well designed Deluxe, Royal Rooms with attached bath. All Rooms are Air Conditioned and T.V with satellite connection, Direct-dial Telephone in each room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Shubh Suvidha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Shubh Suvidha Somnath, Gujarat, India