“Nicely appointed room”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Somnath
New York City, New York
“Nicely appointed room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Lord's is located just outside the southern side of Veraval where the bypass highway hooks back up with the main road. There are a lot of hotels there because of the Samnath a Temple nearby. The room was stylish. The bed was plush and very comfortable. The bathroom had a separate shower stall. I did have to let the water run a bit until the hot water flowed. The restaurant had good food but there was some difficulty communicating in English. Is ordering TWO scoops of ice cream in a different flavor such a foreign concept in India? Apparently so. It took three different waiters until I got that idea through. TV only had CNN and AXN in English. Still, it's a nice place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Sir,

Namaskar From Lords Inn Somnath!!!

We thank you for your valuable comments and appreciation; we will be obliged to have you again as a guest in our property.

Regards

Ajay Pawar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ahmedabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This year I visited Somanth Temple with a group of 10 persons, all senior citizens. We stayed at Lords Inn Hotel. There is a lot improvement in the Hotel and Food quality has improved a lot. this time we enjoyed the stay. By the way, I am regular customer for the hotel and wish the group improve further and further.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashvin T
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Lords Inn, Somnath!!!

Regards,

Shimla, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family and we were impressed by the warm welcome of the staff. The rooms are great and spacious. Everything there was great except the breakfast. The breakfast was served 20 minutes late than the said time. Also it was served cold and was stale. The food was like its being served to animals and when we demanded explanation, the receptionist told us that the staff might have forgotten to switch on the inductions. It is not possible as I myself saw the inductions and they were ON. Earlier we had lunch over there, which was good but the breakfast was like hell.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms on 3rd floor are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank saurabhbassi
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Lords Inn, Somnath!!!

We thank you for your appreciation for our spacious rooms & warm welcoming & also apolize for the breakfast issue. We will defiantly go through all details & take necessary action on the same & improve the same.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Lords’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back to us.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all courtesies & handle your next trip with extra care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Though located in Somnath, the hotel offers neither a sea view nor close proximity to the Temple. The breakfast spread was disappointing, all the more so since the restaurant's official breakfast timing itself starts late and the commencement of service was delayed half an hour beyond the official time, inconveniencing those wanting to leave early. The lunch spread, too, offered very limited variety. Service could have been better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RajeevP304
Dear Sir,

Namaskar From Lords Inn Somnath!!!

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. Sir, we want to just inform that we don't have any kind of sea facing rooms in our property. also we are approx 02 km away from main Shree Somnath Temple.

i will personally looking to your feed back which you given on break fast also make necessary changes in that.

Khajuraho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very average. Wi-Fi is available only with buying a prepaid card. I bought this at Rs 550 for 24 hours but didn't work. Management said they will reimburse. Bathroom not very clean, not enough toiletries.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vaishali H
Dear Sir,

Namaskar from Lords Inn Somnath!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Lords Inn, Somnath as your preferred choice of hotels.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for taking time out to update us with your valuable comments thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Regarding the wifi internet packages we have started daily one hour complimentary wifi usage for all our guest. next time you visit please ask for your complimentary one hour coupon from the front desk.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Dirty reception and lazy unfriendly receptionists. No welcome just matter of fact cant be bothered attitude. Would never stay there again. Restaurant was not that great, average but the service was awful despite the only female waiting member who was a jewel and very helpful. All the men were disorganised and sliw to do anything you ask, it took three attempts to get a simple glass for my water!

Room Tip: Book another hotel, not this one
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank pAKL
Dear Sir,

Namaskar from Lords Inn Somnath!!

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit with us but let me reassure you that I have shared your comments with the concerned head of department and all corrective measures have been taken and systems put in place to ensure that such issues of similar nature do not reoccur.

With every good wish,

Ajay Pawar

Travelers are raving about these Somnath hotels

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We generally travel to Somnath / Veraval for business trip only and a group hotel is always good option. They have good rooms with nice furniture and good sleeping quality. Even we stayed here for family trip too.

Room Tip: Any A/C delux room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jalu1986
Ajay P, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Sir

Namaskar From Lords inn, Somnath!!!!

Warm Regards,

Lords Inn, Somnath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somnath
The Fern Residency Somnath
#5 of 22 in Somnath
Hotel Sun Plaza
Hotel Sun Plaza
#6 of 22 in Somnath

Been to Lords Inn Somnath? Share your experiences!