“Best Place To Enjoy at Somnath.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lords Inn Somnath

Lords Inn Somnath
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Somnath
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Best Place To Enjoy at Somnath.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

It was our annual family trip nd d way we were recvd at reception to restaurant was awesome. Room,Food, Room service, Courteous staffs Swimming Pool all were upto a standard it shud b. We were wrngly billed at diinner with wrong item nd d next day Restaurant manager refunded Us with Soft drinks, Mineral Water in plenty more than the billed price. That was amazingly unparallel. This was their hospitality. I qill recmnd this property chain to all travellers with pride n pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sir

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Somnath.

At Lords Inn, Somnath, it is our constant Endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and facilities. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

We would like to thank you for appreciating the Hotel and its services. It gives us great pride and encourages us to offer even higher levels of excellence.

We do hope you will recommend us to your other family members, friends & associates and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Ajay Pawar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bhilai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The rooms were neat , good and contained all that one looks for. The lounge is good and the staff quite courteous. Check in and checking out was quick. The range and preparatriion of the complimentary breakfast was really great. Bell service was also good. Must stay.

Room Tip: Ask for facilities not available for example electric kettle, shaving kit etc.
, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, March 3, 2013

Ahmedabad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Hotel is very good and so is the Reception staff and Housekeeping. However, the restaurant is worst I have ever seen during last five years. The preparations are really bad and so is the staff handling the restaurant. I have recently visited the Group's Hotel at Saputara also and I have found that the later was far far better than the one at Somnath. If the Hotel has to keep their flag signing, they must improve the meals and staff. Good Luck.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Lords Inn Somnath!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Lords Inn, Somnath as your preferred choice of hotels.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for taking time out to update us with your valuable comments thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit with us but let me reassure you that I have shared your comments with the concerned head of department and all corrective measures have been taken and systems put in place to ensure that such issues of similar nature do not reoccur.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Lords’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back to us.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all courtesies & handle your next trip with extra care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

Till then I remain.

With every good wish,

Thanks & Regards,
Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have to say first that we stayed here for 5 nights! so I've to be taken seriously when I say this place is extremely hospitable. Starting with the front office, everyone was courteous and always returned our keys with a smile. As we had made this our base and took trips from here, we got connected with the travel desk too. The arrangements made for gir forest trip were faultless.
Now, the rooms. Well by the fifth day this was feeling like home. indeed the rooms are spacious, well lighted. The house keeping too is impeccable.
Hmmm. the most important part- the food. We had our maximum meals here and they were absolutely delicious. the service is good and courteous.
The only drawback is that the place is a bit far, about 2 kms from the Temple. But even when i looked around there wasnt any other option.
All in all this place made our trip very enjoyable. I would look forward to visiting any of the lord's chain of hotels.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed with the same advantages.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, February 23, 2013

Bhopal, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had gone with my parents to Somnath recently and we had put up here. The rooms were decent however the service was a tad bit laidback. The restaurant was extremely good; the blue coriander chain of Lords has truly become my favorite whenever I have to go to slightly remote towns for work.

Probably the best hotel in Somnath, would recommend to anyone visiting the place

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Noida, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Lords Inn in Somnath is lacking in many respects . Food is of good quality as in Lords Eco Inn Dwarka but the service is rather slow . Rooms are not furnished and equipped so nicely as the Lords in Dwarka . Front office staff is slow and made no attempts to help us when we told them that one of my suitcases had been left behind at Lords Eco Inn in Dwarka . At the time of check out, the concerned clerk made me wait unnecessarily, spending time to wrap the morning newspapers instead, although I had informed him in advance about our check out time . They definitely need to be counselled ,although the General Manager , Ajay is a young helpful person .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Lords Inn Somnath!!

Till then I remain.

With every good wish,

Thanks & Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is on the bypass road and 1.5km from the somnath temple.The deluxe rooms which we had booked are excellent in interior and space.The hotel has restaurant which is multi cuisine and the food is good.The breakfast which is included in the room tariff is sumptous.One of the best hotels in somnath.

Room Tip: There are two types of rooms deluxe and suite rooms.You can choose according to the number of person...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Lords Inn Somnath, responded to this review, February 2, 2013

Ajay Pawar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somnath
The Fern Residency Somnath
#6 of 22 in Somnath
The Fern Gir Forest Resort
The Fern Gir Forest Resort
#1 of 29 in Gir National Park

Been to Lords Inn Somnath? Share your experiences!