New Place Hotel
$144
$63
$76
$70
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
$77
PremierInn.com
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Red Lion Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
$64
1,576 results
All reviewsthe main houseleisure facilitiesmanor housecoffee loungejacuzzi and saunalovely groundsde vere venuesreception staffwedding venuecourse dinnerbar menubed and breakfastbuffet styleone night stayfollowing morningshort breakbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The venue looks amazing but the beautiful main building is conference rooms only. The entrance is a small unimpressive building round the back.
Asked to checkout at 12 instead of 11 and was told that would be an extra £25, which is ridiculous.

The bedrooms are built in barrack style further round the back in rows like cheap American motels. Very unappealing.

The leisure facilities were in the basement where another u shaped block of 1 or 2 storey rooms where. But the notice at reception said they were about to be closed for 'a deep clean' which
made me think that they would be dirty now.

My room was very tired in that the decor was grubby due to a lot of use. On going to make some coffee I found the kettle crusted in White stains. The teaspoons were also dirty as was the tray. I looked down to the next shelf and found a hairdryer with sticky gel on the barrel. The bathroom had toothpaste spit on floor little bits of tissue. The carpet was half hoovered. It was unpleasant so i changed rooms. Seemed much cleaner but the remote and phone were filthy. I don't think cleaning is a priority.
It is also very noisy in the rooms outside. There is lots of people or car or truck traffic and so did not sleep well or long.
I thought it would be a lovely relaxing night but it was quite the opposite in a very dingy room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Pandoora
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Traveller

I am very disturbed by this review and your comments which I have shared with tripadvisor, whilst we welcome constructive feedback, that we can act upon, in this instance I find it very difficult.

I understand that on arrival you asked for a free upgrade and breakfast to be included in the rate, I am sorry that we did not comply but your rate of £49 for a double room for sole occupancy and with breakfast at only £8.50 for a full breakfast buffet we believe this to be good value.

Guest are able to stay in their rooms up to 11am, and if they wish a later checkout we will do are best to help, however our housekeeping company do charge us if they have to keep staff later which we pass on to our guests. I see that you did not check out until 11.40am with no charge being passed to you.

I am sorry that the two week advance notice to our leisure members, that we would be closing the leisure facility for a deep clean on the 14th at 8pm led you to believe the facility would be dirty. I would hope that it showed that we were being courteous to our leisure members and had a robust cleaning schedule. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would suggest to all of our guests to view our web site where we believe we give an honest description of our location and also would invite guests to open the link to our site map which shows the layout of our rural venue.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent our 10th wedding anniversary here & it was fab. The facilities, the staff and the rooms are all fantastic.
Breakfast was so lovely and your made to feel very welcome.
We will definitely be back.
Thank you for a lovely night here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback I am so pleased you enjoyed your anniversary here at New Place and you were made feel so welcome.
I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Came here for one evening just to get away for a night. Room was a bit on the small side with very thin walls and a draft coming in from under the door. The actual Place and surrounding areas are very pretty and defo ideal for a wedding venue. Did not eat in restaraunt but the staff on reception quite friendly. The Manor house is very nice and would come again but would possibly like to explore more as didnt get to use leisure facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bibiraf
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Top traveller trip Please supply room number so that the Venue may take positive action, where possible.
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback I do hope you will visit again and explore further and we will strive to give you a better experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night of the storm! All staff were lovely and two maintenance men went out if their way to help us when my car would not start in the morning! Beautiful main building, worth having breakfast there. Pool and spa area very nice and a bonus that it opens at 6am, I had the pool to myself at 7 in the morning! Lovely grounds and great value. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for the review I am pleased that we were able to assist you, and we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Judi and i have just returned from our ladies gala weekend at New Place ,this for the uninitiated is a charity weekend and an excuse to treat our partners to a relaxing weekend away with all the spoils to boot!
New Place was the ideal setting for us, only an hours drive away and all the facilities we required to give our guests (100) the experience they deserved.
The staff as always were so professional but also easy in manner, Anna ,Kate,Paul and Socrates deserve a special mention.
The food was superb to put it mildly , we had high tea ,hot buffet , continental/traditional breakfast,bar menu, four course gala meal and room service and there wasn't anything to be picky about.
The rooms were clean and tidy as you would expect, the grounds were beautiful and the dining rooms and function suites were tip top, overall this gave us the springboard to raise a large sum of money for our chosen charities as all our guests were relaxed and enjoying the experience.
If you need to organise an event like this we would have no qualms in recommending New Place as we feel they partnered us in every way.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for such an excellent review, and for the personal mentions of my team I know it is greatly encouraging to see such recognition. I am delighted you felt we contributed to the success of the weekend and that you raised a large sum of money for your charity. I do hope we are able to host your event again. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.