“En route to peppa pig world”
Review of New Place Hotel

New Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shirrell Heath
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The mansion building on entrance is beautiful. We booked for our mini holiday to peppa pig world which is about a 30 minute drive. The hotel mansion part is the restaurant and off that is annexes like a little village. Room was a little cramped with a 3 year old and a 1 year old, however we had a patio door to a nice courtyard for the kids to play in. On the first night we ate outside overlooking croquet lawn. The food is exquisite . Best I have tasted! And for the standard very reasonable prices. The staff were ever so friendly, especially the chap who made the effort to store my poorly child's medicine. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and there fabulous staff. We will be returning next year!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sonyawisewoman
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you had such a great stay and I am sure you enjoyed your time at Paultons Park visiting Peppa Pig World.
It is very encouraging to read your comments regarding our fabulous staff and exquisite food and very pleasing to see that you will be returning. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues New Place. Thank you again for your feedback.

Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here on my lonesome after finding it as a £45 per night deal on laterooms.
Once I found the hotel (the sat nav post code does not quite get you there!) was greeted by warm welcome at reception and shown to my room.
The room was ideal for a single person on business (or leisure) complete with Tea/Coffee, flatscreen TV and FREE wi-fi.
Hotel had a nice little gym and small pool with jacuzzi and steam room plus there were lovel grounds to walk around.
I didnt bother with breakfast, but did have a bar meal which was...interesting...ham and eggs with chunky chips....maybe not to everyones taste but it was ok.
Only drawback is the hotel was quite remote so if you fancy popping to the shops or to another bar in the evening...forget it unless you drive.
If your staying as a couple bring yourself a couple of bottles of wine and enjoy the grounds if you are here on business...well its one up from a travel inn so ideal for the odd night or two.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your constructive feedback and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. We do recommend all of our guests to view our web site to check our location and facilities to avoid any disappointment, we are in a rural location and only four minutes walk to our nearest Local pub I am sorry if this information was not offered. Wickham village is delightful and only a mile away with many restaurants, bars, a tea room etc.
I do hope you will return to De Vere Venues in the not to distant future where a warm welcome awaits.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

First of all, as an American, I must admit that I find differences between US & European hotels. Many of these I accept as cultural things. However, I noticed that there were no mattress covers on the beds here, just one thin sheet between you and the previous guests. I asked some Brits if that was the norm and was told it wasn't. Secondly, there are no shelves/drawers and no place to put your suitcases. I asked about a luggage rack and they don't provide them. Therefore, you live out of a suitcase on the floor, unless you decide to keep it on the only table provided. For anyone who is used to face clothes for washing/bathing, pack your own, which we did because we assumed they would not be provided. We stayed for four nights. It was a lovely location, I believe, for a wedding with limited nights but very isolated for an extended stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Traveller

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry and disappointed especially that you are a guest to our country that your feedback is so negative. We do urge all of our guest to view our web site and check the details of our location of our venue, as a standard we do not provide luggage racks or face cloth’s and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation, for the price you paid as we believe we give overall excellent value for money.

I am pleased that you found our service excellent and I do hope you will take this a a positive of your stay at New Place I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in our country, and I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for a family wedding and overall we were really impressed - it is a lovely setting - a shame we didn't get here for 2 nights to enjoy the grounds and facilities. It is very well set up for weddings and the food was lovely - the staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was lovely and very comfortable. And all at a very reaonsable price. I'd love to come back for a weekend away and use the pool etc.
The only small niggles - they could do maybe do more for wedding guests arriving on the day - somewhere to change etc given that you can't check into rooms till mid afternoon. The coffee at breakfast was very weak. But thats it - and I'm quite fussy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brighton_Claire
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback, I am very pleased you enjoyed the wedding and would like to return, this is high praise indeed. We do have some great offers for Autumn Lovin breaks available on our website, we would love to welcome you back.
Hopefully you could explore our Venue and enjoy our complementary coffee lounges where you can add extra shots of coffee for that extra zing in the morning!

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues New Place.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise and I can not praise the hotel enough. The service was outstanding, the food in the restaurant superb and our room immaculate. Great place to stay and I would imagine if you had children the facilities would be super. Well done to all the staff at the hotel for making our stay so good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, and taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed our food and our service was outstanding.

I hope you had a great cruise out of Southampton and I hope you will visit us again soon at De Vere Venues New Place.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

stayed here for 3 nights in sept 2012 read some bad reviews but found it to be a really nice hotel all staff were pleasent had the buffet breakfast twice very good went swimming. again very good
check in and out easy. rooms clean a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your three night stay with us and enjoyed our facilities. I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues New Place.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family and I stayed at New Place on 25-26th Aug whilst attending a family wedding. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, beautiful place the staff couldn't do enough for you. The food was delicious everything was first class.

It was a shame I didn't get to enjoy the swimming pool etc, but couldn't drag myself away from the champagne on the terrace overlooking the croquet lawn!!!!!

The weekend was fabulous including the weather, absolutely top notch, well done

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you had such a lovely stay at New Place, whilst attending a wedding.
Thank you for the praise especially for the staff it is most encouraging for our team. Please look out for our Autumn lovin offers as we would love to welcome you back, so you can enjoy all the facilities we have to offer, at De Vere Venues New Place.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirrell Heath
Botleigh Grange Hotel
Botleigh Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hedge End
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel

Been to New Place Hotel? Share your experiences!