See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I dont usually write reviews of any sort but on this occasion I felt compelled. My partner and myself had quite a stressful road trip having driven through several countries prior to arriving in Macedonia. We were in desperate need of some rest and relaxation and were trying to find a nice place to stay where we didn't have to travel far to see the country of Macedonia due to our exhaustion. We found all of this and much more at Villa Bella. I don't even know where to start. The design of the hotel is astonishing. The outside looks like a beautiful mansion / villa with a gigantic sunflower and a beautiful driveway and entrance. The room was spectacular - spacious, a beautiful balcony overlooking the restaurant, TV, wifi, super comfortable beds, spacious bathroom, plenty of towels....plenty of everything actually. A lot of love and care has gone in to the design of this hotel. The restaurant is busy with locals every night. The food is delicious with a very comprehensive menu. There is also a stream running behind the hotel and it's very peaceful to eat your meal listening to the water running through the stream. The location is absolutely amazing as not only are there some great sites near by such as the beautiful old monastery, the winery and the ancient village of Stobi but it is close to everything worth seeing in the country. Nothing is more than a 1 hours drive! The beautiful capital Skopje is an hours drive in one direction while the beautiful Lake Orhid is an hours drive in the other direction. Matka Canyon was also a lovely place to visit and less than an hour. Due to the great proximity of this hotel we were even able to take a day trip to Kosovo! The price to stay was absolutely brilliant and to be honest I would be prepared to pay more than double as it's so worth it. I would really like to send a big thanks to all of the staff at Villa Bella who made our stay so wonderful and were so welcoming and friendly. The R&R that we needed upon arriving at the hotel was well and truly delivered thanks to this little gem of a hotel and the wonderful people who run it.

Room tip: Amazing location no matter where you want to visit in Macedonia. Beautiful hotel & rooms. Fantastic restaurant.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara-Ker
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I went to stay at Villa Bella at the beginning of May 2013 and stayed there for 4 days! I had an excellent time after hard and busy work in London! The staff and Hotel manager are welcoming and very friendly and provide a personalised service! The food was very tasty and they always have chief's specialise that is always worth trying! I sat in the balcony that offered great views so
I could see the countryside, the garden and pool! The locals always come to have alunch or dinner that is a good sign. It's quiet place to relax especially with a river sound near the garden that gives you peace that I needed to chill out and realax! The weather was very good so I went for walk near by as there is a lovely anchent Monastry where you can also learn a bit about this place! The rooms are very large and modern and with great taste of decoration! I will definitely recommend to come to Villa Bella boutique hotel ! As it will offer you everything that you need to get some rest and great holiday!
Brena - London

Date of stay: May 2013
1  Thank Brena3
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived without a reservation but found the hosts incredibly welcoming, offering a coffee whilst the maid prepared the room. The rooms are huge and the decor quite modern and everything is very clean. Restaurant had excellent service and wide range of freshly cooked food (a numbers of locals popped in for dinner). Breakfast is freshly cooked to order plus fresh fruit and good coffee. The staff are fantastic and extremely keen to please. We'll certainly be back if we return to the area.

Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently went to Kavadarci on a business trip and was advised by my company administrator to stay at Villa Bella. You know what - I had a very good experience and as I have to spend some more time in Kavadarci I am definitely going back to Villa Bella. Very reasonable prices for the quality you get. The hotel is newly built, spotlessly clean and the service provided in the restaurant is great. Had an amazing food and the staff were very warm and welcoming.
Rooms are generously large and comfortable, I had the pleasure to choose a room with a fantastic view overlooking the mountains. At the other side of this cute hotel you will find a swimming pool and tiny river surrounded by trees.
Far enough from the town to have the feeling that you are on holiday but still close enough to be present where needed on time. Very welcoming place where you can combine the business with pleasure topped with a nice wine and food. The pleasant weather conditions add to the great experience at Villa Bella.
Love the place, look forward to my next visit soon.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend in Macedonia with my partner. We had the pleasure of spending a few days in Kavadarci and Skopje. Whilst In Kavardarci we stayed at Villa Bella, which is a newly built hotel located 5 minutes (2km) by car from the town centre.

Villa Bella is a great hotel that you can relax in real comfort surrounded by scenic views of hills on both sides with the river Luda Mara running to one side. All in all it’s the perfect setting to escape.

What I love about this hotel is the personal touch. It is family run so you immediately feel at home from the moment you arrive. There was a real sense of warmth and friendliness shown by the manager Kostadinka Jovanova, her husband Zlatko and all the staff. They were really helpful in every way possible and nothing was too much trouble.

We were shown around different rooms that were available and my immediate impression was one of space, quality and cleanliness. No two rooms are the same but each one exudes an individuality that you just don’t see at other hotels. A lot of thought went into the design and layout which is impressive. On top there is landing on each floor where you can just chill out and relax.

We chose the largest room on the first floor which sleeps four. It was really spacious in every way and comes with a large bathroom and balcony overlooking the swimming pool and garden terrace. Absolutely perfect no matter what the season is.

Villa Bella has its own restaurant so there is no need to travel far to get a traditional taste of Macedonia. We started with Shopska Salata, which is a salad with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes topped with feta cheese. We then had a mixed grill of meat which was soft and tender on the tongue along with Sarma (cabbage leaves are stuffed with a seasoned mixture of rice and meat) with roasted potatoes and Tavče gravče (cooked Beans). With barely any room left we managed to squeeze in sweet pancakes. The food was very delicious and filing. Oh I forgot to mention in between we sampled the local Tikves wine which went down a treat.

What sometimes gets lost when you travel is value for money. You have everything you want and need at Villa Bella all at an incredible price. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Last year I travelled through Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia and just had a fantastic time. I can now add Macedonia to that list. If you are someone who loves to travel, has a sense of adventure and likes something different you need to get over to Macedonia and see this lovely country. I will definitely be coming back this summer. With low cost airline Wizzair flying direct from Luton to Skopje it’s the perfect getaway. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2013