“Canoe the Wild”
Review of Canoe The Wild

Canoe The Wild
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Owner description: Let a Maine Guide help you get lost for a weekend and discover real Maine adventure! Get ready for a wicked good time as you paddle the wild and scenic St. Croix or Allagash River. The St Croix offers lively whitewater while the Allagash is our best trip for spotting moose! Swim, fish, learn a new skill, relax and laugh around the campfire with friends and family. Wake up to the smell of cowboy coffee brewing! Awesome meals cooked over an open fire. Canoe trips from two days & one night, family friendly & guided. Includes all necessary equipment.
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This canoe trip was absolutely amazing, being able to relax down a river in Maine is not something you get to do often! The food that was served was delicious and saw breath-taking scenery and so many beautiful animals. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone who is adventurous and not afraid to get wet!

Date of experience: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Hi Thomas, glad you enjoyed your whitewater canoe trip down the East Branch of the Penobscot River. Hope to see you on a future canoe trip!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"paddling"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Wow, can't say enough about Dave! I took 4 high school graduates as a part of a senior trip through our church. I wasn't entirely sure what we were walking into, especially having never whitewater canoed before, but Dave was an excellent guide making sure we had a basic knowledge of safety and maneuvering and then getting us out onto the water. He had so much wilderness wisdom to share and you could tell he really enjoyed teaching us!

He provided a great lunch and dinner and kept us feeling safe and equipped the whole time. Dave handled all of the details from booking, equipment, supplies, and getting our vehicles to the bottom of the river. Dave thinks of it all, you just get to relax and enjoy the ride.

If you're comparing outfitters, I would highly recommend Dave and Canoe the Wild! There's something to be said for all of his years of experience that others can't stack up to. Also, there's a calmness about Dave that makes you feel safe and able to take on every challenge the river throws. Dave is great, can't wait to book my next trip!

Date of experience: July 2017
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Joshua, It was a pleasure outfitting and guiding your group of teens on the river. Hope we can do it again in some day!

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Dave the food was plentful land Great! The equipment was in good condition. The company was interesting. The weather kept us very clean. No smelly pits. The hike to the privies kept us all in great shape. The river rapids were Awesome.Thank you Tammy for taking care of my friend. Matt you were a great help. As for the Papparatzy, I don't think I will ever get use to it wet or dry.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

It was great to have you on our recent Allagash canoe trip!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Our guides down the Allagash Wilderness Waterway were great, knowledgeable and professional. We always felt safe and we were well taken care of. The companionship of the guides and other members of our trip, the food, the excellent equipment provided all made for a first class experience in the wilderness. I recommend this trip for everyone even a beginner camper like me. I am so happy I chose Canoe The Wild. Thank you for providing an experience we will never forget.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Hi David, It was nice to have you and Lydia on the canoe trip. People often ask me what my favorite trip is and I often respond, its the people more then the river that makes it a favorite, and such was the case with your trip!