Review Highlights
Allagash River Canoe Trip

Had a great time on the Allagash with Dave and others! Such pristine wilderness. Company & food... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2019
cranberry60
Great Allagash River Canoe Trp

We had a great experience on our trip last week. The equipment was first-rate, food was delicious... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2019
John S
Franklin, Massachusetts

All reviews open fire river trip fantastic guide family adventure amazing experience skill level outdoor adventure steak camp fire great trip croix skills equipment allagash moose rapids camping
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2017

Wow, can't say enough about Dave! I took 4 high school graduates as a part of a senior trip through our church. I wasn't entirely sure what we were walking into, especially having never whitewater canoed before, but Dave was an excellent guide making sure we had a basic knowledge of safety and maneuvering and then getting us out onto the water. He had so much wilderness wisdom to share and you could tell he really enjoyed teaching us!

He provided a great lunch and dinner and kept us feeling safe and equipped the whole time. Dave handled all of the details from booking, equipment, supplies, and getting our vehicles to the bottom of the river. Dave thinks of it all, you just get to relax and enjoy the ride.

If you're comparing outfitters, I would highly recommend Dave and Canoe the Wild! There's something to be said for all of his years of experience that others can't stack up to. Also, there's a calmness about Dave that makes you feel safe and able to take on every challenge the river throws. Dave is great, can't wait to book my next trip!

Date of experience: July 2017
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Joshua, It was a pleasure outfitting and guiding your group of teens on the river. Hope we can do it again in some day!

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Dave the food was plentful land Great! The equipment was in good condition. The company was interesting. The weather kept us very clean. No smelly pits. The hike to the privies kept us all in great shape. The river rapids were Awesome.Thank you Tammy for taking care of my friend. Matt you were a great help. As for the Papparatzy, I don't think I will ever get use to it wet or dry.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

It was great to have you on our recent Allagash canoe trip!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Our guides down the Allagash Wilderness Waterway were great, knowledgeable and professional. We always felt safe and we were well taken care of. The companionship of the guides and other members of our trip, the food, the excellent equipment provided all made for a first class experience in the wilderness. I recommend this trip for everyone even a beginner camper like me. I am so happy I chose Canoe The Wild. Thank you for providing an experience we will never forget.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Hi David, It was nice to have you and Lydia on the canoe trip. People often ask me what my favorite trip is and I often respond, its the people more then the river that makes it a favorite, and such was the case with your trip!

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Great service and incredible knowledge of Maine back woods. Loved the meals with homemade deserts. A totally intriguing adventure of a life time.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Dave is an outstanding professional with a friendly personal manner. He is appropriately safety conscious while providing the means and opportunity for a very comfortable wilderness experience. Dave quickly assessed our group's individual abilities and gained our confidence and respect. He made apparently effortless decisions to run or line our canoes through challenging rapids, provided excellent safety support, chose the timing and location of camp sites with strategic vision, and was always an enthusiastic knowledgeable river guide. And the food was always healthy, varied, and delicious whether in camp or on the river. I have experienced a number of river guides but for any future trips Dave will be my first choice.