Review Highlights
Allagash River Canoe Trip

Had a great time on the Allagash with Dave and others! Such pristine wilderness. Company & food... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2019
cranberry60
Great Allagash River Canoe Trp

We had a great experience on our trip last week. The equipment was first-rate, food was delicious... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2019
John S
Franklin, Massachusetts

All reviews open fire river trip fantastic guide family adventure amazing experience skill level outdoor adventure steak camp fire great trip croix skills equipment allagash moose rapids camping
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Our guides down the Allagash Wilderness Waterway were great, knowledgeable and professional. We always felt safe and we were well taken care of. The companionship of the guides and other members of our trip, the food, the excellent equipment provided all made for a first class experience in the wilderness. I recommend this trip for everyone even a beginner camper like me. I am so happy I chose Canoe The Wild. Thank you for providing an experience we will never forget.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Wilderness_Dave, Owner at Canoe The Wild, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Hi David, It was nice to have you and Lydia on the canoe trip. People often ask me what my favorite trip is and I often respond, its the people more then the river that makes it a favorite, and such was the case with your trip!

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Great service and incredible knowledge of Maine back woods. Loved the meals with homemade deserts. A totally intriguing adventure of a life time.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Dave is an outstanding professional with a friendly personal manner. He is appropriately safety conscious while providing the means and opportunity for a very comfortable wilderness experience. Dave quickly assessed our group's individual abilities and gained our confidence and respect. He made apparently effortless decisions to run or line our canoes through challenging rapids, provided excellent safety support, chose the timing and location of camp sites with strategic vision, and was always an enthusiastic knowledgeable river guide. And the food was always healthy, varied, and delicious whether in camp or on the river. I have experienced a number of river guides but for any future trips Dave will be my first choice.

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Dave Conley put together a wonderful trip for us to paddle down the Bonaventure river in Quebec Cananda. His guiding is nothing less than professional, his river knowledge exceptional and his cooking skills amazing and very tasty. The views offered up on the river are spectacular, as the photos speak for themselves. The Bonaventure river has some of the most beautiful water I have ever seen and would highly recommend this trip to anyone interested. I was more than satisfied from my experience and look forward to another trip again in the future! 5 Star rating for sure

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Dave did an outstanding job organizing and leading our canoe trip to the Bonaventure River in the Gaspe Peninsula. He is very safety conscious and led our group successfully down some tricky stretches of rapids. He provided excellent meals, good quality camping gear and at all times provided excellent leadership skills.