Review Highlights
Allagash River Canoe Trip

Had a great time on the Allagash with Dave and others! Such pristine wilderness. Company & food... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2019
cranberry60
Great Allagash River Canoe Trp

We had a great experience on our trip last week. The equipment was first-rate, food was delicious... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2019
John S
Franklin, Massachusetts

All reviews open fire river trip fantastic guide family adventure amazing experience skill level outdoor adventure steak camp fire great trip croix skills equipment allagash moose rapids camping
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2016

My husband, 2 children (5 and 7 yrs), and I had an amazing time canoeing the St. Croix river. Our guide, Dave, was an excellent teacher, (before this trip we had little to no paddling experience). Dave was great in helping us navigate the small-medium rapids, he was a wonderful camp cook, he knew all about the terrain and wildlife we encountered, and he was patient and kind with the children, (we took many breaks to catch frogs, fish, salamanders, and check out many other things that young boys find interesting. The trip was meant to get us out of our element, away from electronics and other distractions, and just be together as a family out in the wild. It WORKED! The children got dirty, hiked, fished, explored, talked to each other, helped each other, got a few bumps and bruises, and worked hard in helping paddle. They didn't even mind paddling in our brief stint with pouring rain.
We had excellent camp food, great dessert (which was well earned), the coffee was always hot and ready when we needed it, and Dave supplied all the equipment needed.
I would recommend Canoe The Wild to anyone and everyone! It was a truly special adventure that we will remember forever.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016

If I could rate 6 stars, I would. Our day on the St. Croix with Tami was perfect. We asked for help learning how to canoe in whitewater, and Tami was a perfect instructor for adults and teenagers. She suggested a better location than what we asked for, and she was right. We came away with great family memories, new skills in canoeing, and a teenager with even more interest in the wilderness than before.

Maine is the right place for family trips to the outdoors, and this is the right team to do it with.

1  Thank kacone
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Had an amazing time on the St. Croix with Dave and Tami! Excellent guides that helped us navigate some small to medium rapids. Beautiful trip in a pristine piece of Maine. Would definitely explore other wilderness places with Canoe The Wild!

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Amy T
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Spent several days on the St. Croix river with Canoe the Wild and had an amazing time. Wonderful and experienced guides, Tammi and Paul, had us all feeling confident about our canoeing skills that we tackled rapids (most for the first time) with confidence. The food was amazing - blueberry pancakes, salmon, and a birthday cake cooked on the campfire! The trip was very well organized and planned and exceeded expectations.

If you are looking for a well planned trip that will adapt to a variety of skills and needs, then Canoe the Wild is for you. They will take you out of the city and get you to experience and appreciate the beautiful natural surroundings while building your confidence as a camper and canoeist.

I came back refreshed and ready to do it again with my family. Thanks for bringing the love of canoeing and camping back to me!

2  Thank gillian0513
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Took my 2 boys on the Allagash River with Dave. I couldn't have asked for a better guide. His experience on the river and his knowledge of canoeing made this trip one of the best experiences I ever had. Dave taught my kids and I all about the river, it's wildlife and it's history. We fished, saw Eagles and Moose and enjoyed the beautiful Maine wilderness. Dave's focus during our time on the river, was making sure that we were comfortable and especially making sure my kids were enjoying there time on the river. Bring your camera and get ready to take lots of pictures. Thanks to Dave, I have great memories with my boys, that we will be talking about for a long time. I highly recommend Dave if you want to enjoy the beautiful Maine wilderness.

1  Thank Carmen B