“Perfect wedding at the Mill Forge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mill Forge

The Mill Forge
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding at the Mill Forge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

We were married at the Mill Forge 06/11/10. The attention we received from the staff was excellent. The food was good. The actual place where we said our vows was lovely, very romantic. The "disco" in the evening was actually the staff playing CDs but this doesnt cost extra and we stll managed out first dance. The rooms were very clean. I loved the bridal suite - I was in and out of the jacuzzi! I would love to go back for my anniversary. one downside - when visiting I was worried abou the noise I could hear from the motorway but I did NOT hear traffic in my room, and I didnt notice the traffic noise when having our photos taken as I was too excited! You cant see the motorway at all. Overall I am so happy we chose this location for our special day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

We went for our wedding with our family. Our rooms were amazing, good size, especially the bridal suite (which had gorgeous champagne and chocloates on our arrival). Our family were happy with their rooms, good size and comfortable.
Our meal was gorgeous, all the staff were very friendly and helpful and really made our weekend perfect.
The surroundings were stunning, lots of gorgeous wedding pictures.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

We got married at the Mill Forge last weekend (3oth Oct). We were a bit worried as it was just the 2 of us but we were made to feel welcome and comfortable from the minute we arrived! Nothing was too much trouble.

The bridal suite was perfectly decorated, wonderfully clean & all the little treats were repeated on our second night (chocs & bubbly!). The gardens were so well kept making a lovely backdrop for photos.

We would highly recommend getting married here to anyone, top notch from start to finish. Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect! xx

2 Thank ruthdavies1980
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

we got married at the mill on friday 22 oct and it was the best day of our lifes the staff at the mill could not do enough for us,our guests stayed at the the mill was impressed and had a good time, I had my hair and makeup done by fiona and june what a good job they did my flowers by gretna flower basket was lovely

Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

I got married @ The Mll Forge Sept 2010 booking online I must admit was a bit risky but all information provided was accurate and the staff are very friend and happy to help with any questions. When we arrived at the mill forge day before the wedding (5 hour journey) we checked in and was given our room key straight away, although the weather was not the best it still looked really pretty, we had other friends staying at other hotels in the area but decided to eat at the mill they were happy to accomodate our guests(12 including 2 chilren) and we all had a lovely meal, after that we all went to our room (bridal suite) and had a few drinks the room is very spacious and clean. The wedding day itself was great well organised, the Forge is a lovely building the gardens are also lovely it was raining on our wedding day but it did not matter and we still have photos outside with the kissing gate in the background and the wheel. We would not change a thing. The staff are very helpful and professional.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahSmith1984
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Got married here 20th July with a group of 26 guests. We had booked the bridal suite for 2 nights which are absolutely fab!!!. Very clean and luxurious with a lot of nice little touches. The other guests had booked a variety of rooms but were all very pleased with there accomodation.
On the wedding day itself the staff were so friendly and helpful and took all the worry out of the big day!!!, although they do weddings day in and day out they still have that personal touch to make you feel as though you are the only one getting married. The booking from start to finish was easy and very stress free.
The minister was Jack Strachan who was so nice and made every feel relaxed and had a good sence of humour too!!!, Hazel Carpenter as the photographer, excellent and craig irving as the piper, again excellent..
The food served in the evening was very tatsy and plentiful, the only downside was on the day it was quite warm and we were in the upstairs room for the meal and it got very hot and stuffy despite fans being on!! but hey only a minor issue!!
The grounds are beautiful and kept so tidy and clean that they are a pleasure to walk around and have your wedding pics taken there.
Overall i would recommend this location to anyone for a more intimate wedding.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank daz3444
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

I got married here on 14th Sept 2010. arriving the day before to pouring down rain and very strong wind I was still blown away by the beauty and charm of the Mill Forge, the grounds are so beautiful.

The staff are very helpful, everyone from the cleaners, bar staff and Maggie the wedding co-ordinator, they all made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. Even tho there were 5 weddings in total on the same day as ours you never would of guessed it, each wedding is so different and its lovely to speak to the other brides and grooms the day before your weddings. Even more amazing to see other people as happy as we are getting married on the morning when i was getting ready in the bridal suite for my own marriage, or having them come out to tell you how beautiful you look whilst being piped to the Forge.

The food is very tastey and offers a wide variety catering for all tastes, the waiting staff in the morning were very helpful, especially with my fussy little boy. And the bridal suite was huge, very clean and welcoming, with champage and chocolates waiting on our arrival, the huge whirlpool bath is a great way to unwind after a long day.

The Forge itself is a lovely building filled with character and personality, even better was the fact we could have a religious service here conducted by a minister-not many hotels are able to do that. The wedding service itself took around 30 mins and was very relaxed, and as the rain was so bad Maggie even let us throw confetti in the porch of the Forge as we couldnt do it outside. As I said before nothing is too much trouble. I was able to decorate the roundhouse myself as I had taken my own centerpieces and decorations, the staff were happy to let me do this, and luckily the weather got better later so we were able to go out and take photos in the beautiful grounds as the sun was setting. My party of guests were the only ones who attended the disco and having that opportunity to have our first dance was wonderful. The staff even brought our cake to our guests in the evening, which was much appreciated.

I have to admit to shedding alittle tear when the time came to leave. The Mill Forge truely is a magical place which my words alone dont do justice. If youre thinking about getting married here I would definatly reccommend it, everything added together really did make my day the happiest, I couldnt of asked for more and wouldnt change a single thing. Cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
#5 of 5 in Gretna
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#2 of 5 in Gretna

Been to The Mill Forge? Share your experiences!