“lovely wedding”
Review of The Mill Forge

The Mill Forge
Reviewed September 4, 2008

we got married there on the 26aug all thou there was five weddings on the day we marride they made each wedding feel like it was the only one. the food was great the honeymoon suit was brillant expect for me the pillows was a killer lol but we loved the whole time we were there and are planing to go back next year for our one year annveriyer thanx for reading in concusion great place A+

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank nigthdreamer

Reviewed November 24, 2007

We got married at the Mill in November 2007, a party of 7 of us stayed there.

The staff are extremely friendly, every single request, no matter how minor, was accommodated with enthusiasm. The staff really went out of their way to make our day perfect.

The standard rooms were not very spacious but nevertheless clean and comfortable. Rooms were well equipped with iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. The bridal suite was fantastic, absolutely massive and very, very, comfortable. The bathroom was amazing, as big as a hotel room in itself, with twin sinks, a huge shower, and best of all, the whirlpool Jacuzzi bath which really was the icing on the cake. We had the suite for 2 nights, the sparkling wine & chocolates delivered to the room every day really were a great touch.

The bridal suite has a CD player / radio, music is piped into the bathroom as well; remember to take some good CDs with you, otherwise you’ll be listening to talk radio – not very romantic! I had to make a trip to WHSmith in the services a few miles away to buy some CDs!

The wedding meal was very nice, and the service excellent. We also had a night-time disco, and although there was another wedding party there, people pretty much just stayed in their own groups so you don’t have to mix if you don’t want to.

We cannot recommend the Mill Forge enough – you’ll have a great day, and despite the fact that other people will be getting married there as well, you won’t notice this, you’ll think you’re the only couple being looked after.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank vhuk
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We have just returned from our wedding in the mill forge. I just wanted to let you know if your thinking of 'running away' to gretna green to get married then this is the place to stay. The staff were so helpful and welcoming. The little forge where we said our vows was the most romantic and beautiful setting and the gardens where we took our photos were amazing. Although there are other weddings on we didnt mind as we were enjoying ourselves so much and everyone had a really good time. I am so glad I chose the mill forge for my wedding. This was the happiest day of my life. It was just perfect, thanks to the staff of the mill.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank green33
Reviewed July 5, 2007

I got marriedat the mill 3days ago we traveld down on sunday 1st july and got married on the 2nd we brought with us 58 guests including 7 children. Everyone stayed at the mill apart from my sister and her partner who stayed half a mile down the road at another hotel which was also lovely. Before arriving i was a bit nervous as i had'nt been down before to check the location, but as soon as i stepted out of the car i knew i had chosen the right place for my wedding. we went to reception and collected our room keys and spoke to the wedding co-ordinator who was lovely, and took us through everything that would happen on our wedding day.
When we went to our room a was stunned at how big and beuitiful it was with the fourposter bed and champaigne on ice waiting next to it. That night my cousin slept with me in the bridal suit i was very nervous. The next morning my friend who is a hairdresser did mine and my two sisters hair who did a marvelous job. At 2.30 the piper craig (who was brill) came and collected my farther and i from the bridal suit and piped us into the forge which was like a fairy tail. The photographer colin carpenter who i would highly recomend for photos and dvd of wedding, took some lovely photos of us at the mill wheel, the gazeebo, kissing gate, and many more ideal picture purfect locations the mill provided.
The meal reception was at 4.00 and the room was layed out lovely the two teir cake (gretna bakery) was stunning. we all got a starter and followed with roast beef which was gorgious.
Another reservation id had also was about the disco at night there were two other brides aswell. But it worked out fine we had a party of 58, one had a party of 12, and im not sure about the other, but to anyone who is abit worried about the shared disco
as i was dont it works out fine we all got our first dance and i didnt even notice any other wedding parties there. anyway overall it is a gorgious location for your wedding the best i thought in gretna green if youve got wedding booked here good look dont worry, it was the best two days of my life.

• Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank beckiLeeds
Reviewed June 12, 2007

I got married at The Mill, Gretna and wanted to recommend it to anyone considering a wedding in the Gretna area. The location of the hotel is perfect and very easy to find from the motorway. It is far enough away from Gretna itself to give a quiet location but close enough to have the ambiance of Gretna. We had 20 guests staying the night before the wedding and 40 in total on the wedding night. From the moment I checked in the staff were helpful, organised and very efficent. Although there were 4 other weddings on the day I was made to feel important and every request I made was accommodated. The rooms were lovely and the forge itself is perfect for weddings. All the guests have commented about the service and the atmosphere created by the candle light and the piper Craig Irving. The grounds are lovely and our photos are amazing. Colin Wyper was very professional and took the most amazing pictures that were ready for us the following morning. The bridal suite is amazing and the bathroom really is something else. The food was lovely and despite my concerns the disco worked well with people staying in their own groups. All in all it was the most perfect day and I cannot recommend enough The Mill for your wedding venue.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank noblena
Reviewed May 19, 2007

myself and deanie went to stay at the hotel. we had a great time. the only thing they put us right out 2 hours before we were supposed to check out. poor deanie was upset and was so restless on the trip back to northern ireland. my bad foot gave me problems as i had to climb stairs to my room and i spent a couple of hous soaking my foot to ease the pain. food was great (im a salad person) and myself and deanie had a great nights sleep

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank billybuck
Reviewed May 1, 2007

We got married at The Forge on 10th March ,and stayed at the Mill for 2 nights .
Just the two of us attended -but that didnt matter ,we felt very special and had a wonderful time .
We stayed in the bridal suite -which I have to say was fantastic .The room and bathroom was huge -and beaufifully finished .The whirlpool bath was very romantic ,and was just lovely relaxing in there feeling like a princess on the day of the wedding .
The actual wedding service was all I had hoped for ,again in beautiful surroundings -and although it was a cold day,it stayed dry ,so we managed to have some pictures taken in the very scenic gardens .I would strongly recommend Emma Wyper ,for piccies ,very resonably priced ,and we we thrilled with the pictures .
Bar staff very friendly, food in restaurant a good average .
Breakfast was good -although too early,and really found the 10am departure too early ,and wonder how safe it really is to be driving at that time after celebrating the night before .
However I dont want to end on a negative note .we were made to feel very special and our wedding was all we wanted .
Infact are hoping to go back for a night in the bridal suite on our first wedding anniversary .

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#1 of 5 in Gretna
The Gretna Chase Hotel

Been to The Mill Forge? Share your experiences!