“Adult only weekend (disco inferno)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ingoldmells
Butlins Skegness Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ingoldmells
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Adult only weekend (disco inferno)”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The camp have thought of just about everything !
The rooms are basic (silver, sleeping four) but clean, beds could have been more comfortable but to be fair I was so tired by then I did not care. Web site was not clear on the fact that no towels were provided and extra quilts or blankets would have been nice ,(heating available but I shared with a friend who is always warm ) .
Entertainment was varied and great, I loved the fact that you had many different places to go.
Loads of bars shops and things to do to keep you out of trouble, or get you into trouble ?
Restaurant (the yacht club) what can I say , the staff in there were all so nice I cannot fault them but the food, mmmm thanks billy butlins I put on three pounds that weekend because the food was outstanding, hot, fresh, variety, thumbs up !
The weather was naff that weekend so we did not see very much of the rest of the camp other than shops and clubs/bars but great time had by all.
Visited the Spa and thought it was over priced for what I received and the facilities were tired :(
What a laugh watching everyone in costumes, there were some crackers, literally lol .

1 Thank ClaireCope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (974)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently come to butlins skegness for an 18+ weekend and it was amazing ! I remember going to butlins as a child but these adult weekends are something else.

The weekend was for a stag do and all 12 of us had a great time and will will definitely be returning.

The accommodation was basic but it was everything 4 guys in a room would need.

The day time entertainment was brilliant and the evening entertainment was fantastic, the tribute acts , the bars the clubs was just a great party atmosphere all weekend.

I would highly recommend an adult weekend at butlins .. and DONT FORGET YOUR FANCY DRESS !

Silsden, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have been twice before (family of four) and has been ok, but probably as we didn't need to complain about anything. Booked in Gold apartment this year and (mistakenly) thought this might give better quality and service. On arrival, child's bedroom stank of vomit - suspiciously this bedroom door was shut with heating on full blast and damp feeling carpet. Reported to guest services and very patronising lady told us that carpets need cleaning from time to time - we queried why one room only and at busiest time of year. She flatly denied anyone had vomited in the apartment and said we should have gone to Gold reception and she was busy. Gold reception person said they would clean the carpet - we were back in the apartment half an hour later so would not have had time to clean it - had put air freshener in there which worked a day and a half then vomit smell returned. I was also heavily pregnant and worried about risk of catching vomiting bug - mentioned this to Gold and they ignored it. It is a joke when you pay extra for Gold thinking will be better quality; also the marketing rubbish about 'we're here for your delight' when really they are there to make money and not help if you compain

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Liz B
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a weekend that defies description because amazing fantastic and epic just doesn't do it justice!!!!! Butlins Disco Inferno weekend actually gave some of my holidays abroad a run for their money entertainment wise!!! It was my last minute birthday treat and had a feeling it would be good but it far, far exceeded my expectations. The accommodation was very comfortable, we were spoilt beyond belief with the entertainment and DJ's so much so that my friend and I danced for 7 hours straight the Saturday night!!!! I was in a different zone, somewhere I've never visited before and it was amazing!! I would urge all to try it for special occasions because you will remember it even when it's all over. You actually listen to music you want to listen to and it also plays in the surrounding restaurants and eateries. Oh, and don't forget your fancy dress outfits. :)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just got back from disco inferno n had an amazing time :-) the rooms were great n the entertainment was the best!! Having never been to butlins before n heard sum interesting stories I was a bit dubious about going but when I got there it was the best weekend fancy dress was amazing n the acts were really good can't wait to go to 90s reloaded in march wooooo hoooo

• Stayed June 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent the weekend at Butlins Skegness as a group of 4 adults (2 couples) with an age range of 34 to 59. We attended the disco fever big weekend which we booked at relatively short notice. We stayed in a gold apartment (we booked a two bed apartment but were given a three bed apartment on arrival). I will admit I booked the weekend with more than a little trepidation as I wasn’t sure if the place or the theme would be for us but we felt it was a steal at £404 half board (premium dining) for 4 adults. The cost has a very strong bearing on the rating I have given of 4 stars as it really did help us to ‘forgive’ some of the issues we encountered.
Check-in - we received a booklet through when we booked advising we could check in from 1pm and access rooms from 3pm but could make the most of the facilities from 12 noon. We arrived bang on 1pm and were first in line to check in at the drive through facility. All went very smoothly, the check in staff were very efficient. One of the biggest disappointments was the lack of facilities available to those arriving early. We had planned on have some fun at Splash Waterworld which was the main reason we had booked the day off work to arrive early. We turned up at the pool with our togs to find out it wasn’t open at all that Friday! I really do think this should have been made clear on booking the weekend break. To send a booklet through advising we could arrive onsite from noon to enjoy the facilities is misleading to say the least as one of the main leisure facilities is the pool! Basically the only facilities open were the bars! No crazy golf, no fun-fair, no pool!
Accommodation – we were pleasantly surprised by the apartment on entering which was a top floor apartment in the Neptune area. It was more spacious than we had expected and had a well equipped kitchen complete with microwave and dishwasher. There was also a decent flat screen digital TV in the lounge. The beds looked like put-you-ups but were actually very comfortable. The only real criticism we had was there was a terrible smell in the kitchen / lounge area. It smelt like out of date milk but very overpowering but we could find no obvious source. Luckily being on the top floor we could leave the windows open 24/7 which helped. I did report the issue to housekeeping but it was certainly not rectified whilst we were there. I also couldn’t quite work out what the daily housekeeping service did! Our beds weren’t made, the towels weren’t changed but we did get an extra loo roll left in the bathroom each day! It didn’t bother us for the time we were there but I do think the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired! We enjoyed the noise from the other guests, the decks on the lawns, the loud speakers and claxons but you can’t be too precious about your environment!
The Deck restaurant – we are all foodies especially myself and my husband and we love eating out. We had an open mind with regards to the quality of food we would get at Butlins simply because half board / all inclusive options in holiday resorts are rarely anything to write home about and can not be compared to a dining experience in a restaurant or even a good pub! We were again very pleasantly surprised with what was on offer! Each night at dinner we were spoilt for choice, you couldn’t fail to find something you liked from curries to roasts and fresh cooked stir fries etc. No it isn’t fine dining but as far as eat all you want buffets go this really was pretty good. I enjoyed the cheese and biscuits (I lack a sweet tooth) and was pleased to see such a good selection. Above all else, the staff in the Deck Restaurant were a credit to Butlins. They were efficient and polite and so very helpful.
Breakfast was also very good with a choice of cooked items, continental and cereals, tea, coffee etc. There was also a live cooking station serving omlettes or pancakes.
The Pool – for us this was the biggest let down. The pool itself was fabulous but as already mentioned it didn’t open at all on Friday, opened for 5 hours on Saturday but no slides were working at all and we didn’t bother Sunday but again it was open short hours. Now I know this is an adults’ weekend and not a family holiday but some of us still enjoy leisure pools and the facilities so we felt this was not good enough.
The Evenings / Entertainment – It has been a very long time since I have laughed and danced so much. The place was filled to the rafters with stag and hen dos and birthday parties but I didn’t see any trouble at all. Everybody was there for the same reason and that is to have a good time and let their hair down. I felt out of place only because I wasn’t wearing some ridiculous fancy dress!! The majority dress up and they really go to town! There were a few groups of people with learning difficulties / disabilities who seemed to be really enjoying themselves and we noticed a lot of the stag dos etc getting them up to dance and it was so nice to see everybody just having fun together.
The live entertainment was excellent although we did feel that in the majority of cases the tribute acts were better than the original acts that were on!
Drinks were more expensive than you would pay in pubs in the area but that is to be expected really and no different to a nightclub. It was about £3.60 a pint and around £4.50 for a regular glass of wine, VKs etc were £4 and it was about the same for a single spirit and a splash. There was karaoke each day in Jaks from 4pm to 7pm which was great fun especially watching the stag do group of chickens perform etc!
On Sunday night there was a silent disco in Hotshots but probably would have been better to do this in Jaks after the karaoke as the environment didn’t feel right for it.
General comments – the weekend was a huge amount of fun and I would say go with an open mind, don’t sweat the small stuff and you will have a great time. Yes there were a few issues (those already mentioned and the toilets in Hotshots should have been condemned and you will be stuck to the carpet in all bars!) but all in all we doubt we could have laughed so much and eaten so well for £100 each anywhere else! We have a list of dates for big weekends next year and will definitely be going back which says it all really!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just came back from the 18+ adult weekend, 'Disco Inferno'.

I must admit, I am a lover of Butlins. Having gone every year since I was a child I have a definite soft spot for the resort. Being a young adult in my early 20's and on the glowing recommendation of my parents I decided to try out the adult weekend for the first time, after all, a weekend with no screaming children, queues on the rides and cheesy disco music I was pretty much sold!

Having gotten together a group of 5 young adults and eagerly awaiting the date I could finally go to Butlins, I was thrilled to finally arrive at the resort! I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms (2 standard apartments, each with a double room and twin room) they looked like they had recently been refurbished, they were clean, pleasant and had all the facilities you would expect of a standard room.

It was after settling into the rooms and having gotten the group together that we decided to head off to the fair ground. I had been looking forward to the rides for months! after all, I remember going to Butlins in previous years and spending a good few hours in Butlins personal fair, it was with great disappointment that I found that the fair wasn't open and after asking a member of staff I was told that they closed it during adult weekends due to health and safety (drunk adults). I was understandable of this, as there were quite a few drunken adults by this point (5pm) who were hanging around all the bars.

At this point we decided to head to dinner, which we had upgraded to the premium Yaht Club, which I will say is absolutely amazing! the food was lovely, the staff were extremely pleasant and it was definitely worth the upgrade judging by the queues and rowdy adults in the other dining courts.

The nights at Butlins were certainly a laugh, lots of people were dressed up and I loved the music! Although a lot of the guests at this event were much older than my group looking to be in the 40's-50's age bracket.

On the Saturday we decided to see what other activities we could do, it was at this point that the weekend took a turn for the worse.

Looking at the booklet we were provided about this weekend we decided to go 'zorbing', unfortunately zorbing was not open the whole weekend. Okay, how about the high ropes and climbing wall? ..not open. Right, so Splash Waterworld it was! I must admit, I was excited to see the new swimming pool and experience all the new rides they had installed.

Don't forget to have £1 spare for the lockers! (although you get it back at the end). The swimming pool was clean and tidy.

Having a swim in the pool it was then my group started to notice something, why were there children in the pool? now don't get me wrong, I am no Grinch but when I go to an adult weekend for 18+ years and expect to relax in a quiet swimming pool the last thing I expect is to hear kids screaming as they jump and chuck each other into the swimming pool. (by the way, why was this not picked up by lifeguards? surely the children chucking each other into the pool was a health and safety issue?)

As I was told, if you are in a caravan you and your children can have access to Butlins even during an adult weekend.

Now, the other gripe I had with the swimming pool was that the rides were not open, no flumes, no slides, no bowl. A lifeguard informed me that this was due to a 'technical fault'. Another guest was told that it was closed due to 'planned maintenance' as the adult weekends were not as busy, another guest was told that it was due to 'health and safety' (drunk adults).

At this point I was a bit ticked off, there was no zorbing, no high ropes, no swimming pool rides and no fair ground. The reason I love Butlins is that you have entertainment and have no reason to leave the resort, but at this point there was not much available to actually do!

Me and my group ended up spending the rest of our Saturday at Pleasure Beach and Sunday we drove into Skegness town. I was definitely not pleased that the first time my friends experienced Butlins most things were closed and we had to waste money leaving the resort.

I ended up going to Guest Services and enquiring on why everything was closed, as they certainly didn't have on their website or during the booking that most things would not be open! in fact, in the booklet they provide for this particular weekend they have these things as being open! (except for the fair ground). The gentleman at the desk was not helpful, I was told that I was here for the music, at which point I asked him to point out where it says on the Butlins website that I was only here 'for the music' and that all these things would actually be closed. Obviously he could not show me, in fact it says on their website the exact opposite! It makes me think that Butlins view adults as being unable to take enjoyment in children activities like going on slides and fairground rides, personally, I don't see much point in going to the adult weekends at this point unless you just want to drink.

While I still think Butlins is excellent value for money, taking into consideration the quality of food and the price I paid, I was extremely and thoroughly disappointed with my recent visit (especially as I was not made aware before I arrived at the resort how much would actually be closed during the adult weekend) I think I will be finding other resorts in the future which offer adult weekends, which may actually provide some fun entertainment throughout the day.

1 Thank Mandasaurus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingoldmells
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
#3 of 26 in Skegness
The Anchor Hotel & Bars
The Anchor Hotel & Bars
#3 of 3 in Ingoldmells

Been to Butlins Skegness Resort? Share your experiences!