“Another brilliant holiday!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ingoldmells
Butlins Skegness Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ingoldmells
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Another brilliant holiday!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is our second trip to Butlins in the last 12 months.
Due to being on a tight budget this time round we stayed in a self catering Gold apartment, we got a bargain!

We checked in via the drive through check in, which was quite handy as it was tipping it down, we we're able to park outside our apartment which was a nice surprise. There was plenty of spaces, we were always able to park if we popped out to Morrisons or to Skegness.

The apartment was clean on arrival - we didn't pay for ground floor but we kept the buggy in the car which was parked right outside so we didn't have to haul it up and down the stairs. The kitchen was very well quipped, the dishwasher was a lot better than my one at home! Housekeeping came by once a day and emptied the bin, made the beds etc.

We took food for the week with us but did use the Spar to top up, it is overpriced but for the convenience it was worth it.

Splash Waterworld has had a bit of a make over since we were last there in October, my two children (2yr & 3yrs) loved the baby slides and the kids pool. It seemed busy but not hectic, it was big enough to accommodate everyone.There are plenty of changed rooms and lockers - they could do with a few more showers though.

Bob the Builders Yard was a hit as usual, kids loved going on the rides without us.

The fun fair was great, they've added waltzers recently. Never had to queue for anything.

Arcades are always well stocked and the staff are helpful.

We loved the family shows. They do get very busy though. My almost 4 yr old was able to go and sit down on his own and come back for drink/crisps. The Storybook Panto was fab, the red coats were great, and hats off to them as they work so hard!

We are planning to go back again later in the year when it is not so busy. From past experience we would do the dining plan, mainly for the convenience. I would also stay in a silver apartment again as we wouldn't need a dishwasher.

Overall a great holiday had by all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimboowee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights self catering. Food from the chip shop was expensive and very poor. Splash world brilliant but disappointed that crazy golf and other activitys were charged for. Great place for kids but if self catering buy food and take with you as spar shop is expensive. Parking is a nightmare and is probably far worse in peak season. Beach easily accessible and is sandy and clean.

1 Thank alimbutt
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Just spent great 4 days at butlins in a silver apartment. The rooms are fairly standard but you wouldn't expect any more for the price. The cleanliness and poor maintenance lets the place down. All little things like crumbs under the couch. Empty shower gel bottle in the shower (obviously left by previous guests). Given the very quick turn around time you can see why the rooms are let down by poor cleanliness. The housekeepers do come round and get you to sign that everything is ok but everywhere is barbaric at this time as every man and his dog check in at the same time. We signed as we were still carrying bags in but it's not til you unpack and take a proper look you see the little things wrong. However rooms are equipped well, cleaning cloths, clothes airer, full size bin, iron and ironing board were all a huge bonus. Could of done with a mirror in the twin rooms.

The park is well maintained, verges, bushes, planters, trees etc... All in good well kept condition.

Plenty of things to do for everyone as you would expect for Butlins. I would say that the less fortunate are somewhat discriminated with things, queues that you can bypass if you pay more. Top rides and things to do but only if you pay for it. But hey ho, that's the world we live in.

Staff are great! Enough said

No issues with parking. We stayed in peak season before and it was a bit of a pain but not this time.

The new splash world is fantastic. Kids loved it. Something for all ages. Flukes for older kids. Jacuzzi for the relaxing. Lazy river. Tots pool and slides. The only I would say is that you walk through the showers to get in and out pool. This means when people are washing hair and you walk through the floor is very slippery. They constantly have staff there cleaning the floor but I think this will be a long term issue.

We did standard dining. Was expecting very basic food but was pleasantly surprised with the good choice every breakfast and dinner time.

All in all a very good short break

1 Thank Kelly K
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked as a treat for my mother and son. Left 3 days into a 4 day stay. After being sent to the wrong check in three times we eventually got to a very tired and worn Silver apartment. Beds were shocking, sheets were filthy. Put it aside as a "short break" and tried to get on with things.

First day saw our son fall on a ridiculously patched walkway on the exit to the apartment wrecking his new trainers and jeans. There was then a queue for meals where we waited in the cold and rain outside only to get in for the scraps of what was left.

Noisy neighbors and an atrocious mattress meant none of got much sleep on night 1

Day 2 and breakfast was Ok, The Thomas show was great but we were turned away for a photograph after waiting in yet another queue for 20 minutes. One very disappointed 2 year old, Thanks Butlins!!!

another night of Olympic prowess from our neighbors lead to an early rise and the decision to leave early.

Not impressed at all

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin O
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Been coming to the adult theme weekends for a few year now and they never disappoint!! and a special thank you to gavin kennedy who made us feel very welcome and extremely helpful....look forward to the next one.

2 Thank Mand1979
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Having just returned early from butlins (2 days into a 4 day stay) I have to say that I found the entire experience tired and dismal. Having booked under the impression that there would be "plenty to do" for toddlers, I feel sorely mislead. Yes, there is the bob the builders yard which boasts a total of 4 free rides for tots, but there are only so many hours that this is considered "entertaining"
My son who has some slight additional needs was intimidated by the large crowds at the skyline shows and became distressed so we were unable to watch these. Leaving us with almost nothing to do but leave the resort and look for entertainment elsewhere. This resulted in returning to our room at 5:30 every night when everything closed and watching the tv. The room was uninspiring and did not resemble the pictures posted online. The beds were the most uncomfortable things I have EVER slept in and I do t think I managed more than 2hours sleep per night.
The food in the deck restaurant was good. Not excellent. But certainly edible with a fair choice. However there were ants near the juice dispensers and if you are a single parent it's very difficult to collect food and maintain your seating. All in all a very disappointing stay and certainly not worth the ridiculous amount of money it cost to go. Somewhere I will certainly NEVER be visiting again

2 Thank Janiej4y
manchester
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Me my partner and our toddler arrived at butlins on bank holiday Monday, it wasn't overly busy so check in was great our room ready for 3. I booked a silver room and to be honest it was a silver room when it was refurbed I had to check the website to see if we were in standard by mistake!
Clean room inside, quiet to as nobody was around us we had an upstairs room I didn't book r extra £15 for down stairs as I though its quiet we might get one anyway, we didn't and 4 out of 6 were empty under us. But that's fine. The rooms were big enough had a twin and a double both big enough lots of storage, even with a pram to. The outside needs a paint and a good brush and clean the stairs didnt look like they had been brushed since billy was their!! Haha.

Now .. Entertainment.. Hmm when I was a child butlins with granny was the place to be, to be honest even my two year old was bored. Their wasbt much on and it was always different times to the iPhone app! Grr.
It seemed to be all photo shoots we were bored.

The night entertainment was shocking to. And unless you were in the queue at 6pm for an hour you may as well have gone bed! No family game shows, no mrs and mrs or anything just a Dodgey Tom jones, Rolling Stones and a scary Tina turner! We wasn't into this at all I'm 23 haha.
We tried to watch the panto was sat miles away so came out plus it was so hot, we watched Sesame Street but had to queue around the skyline for 30 mins before doors opened- a toddler dosent want to do this. That show was okay.
I don't know how people afford to drink here, they all do though' 1 coke, 1 fruit shoot, nuts and a cider.. £10.50 is this normal? I don't drink but £10 a round gosh!!

so we booked the dining plan! And upgraded! Lovely !!
The waitresses were so nice, they couldn't help you enough, the food was brilliant, not one bad meal, lots of choice for adults and children, we were in the yatch club food such as pastas, Indian, roast dinner, soups, desserts, and a childrens choice such as pasta, hot dogs, fish fingers. Nothing's was repeated throughout the 5 days either lots of choice. The drink choice was tea coffe or squash, I opted to get a drink from the bar in their and it was better priced £1,50 for a pint of coke.

The swimming pool was nice I wouldn't go crazy about it, but it was nice except the rude holiday makers, my son picked up a float that was on its own in the pool.. I watched a lady after 10 mins tell her son to come over and snatch it off him
As she shouted that's my float I want it back.. Don't leave it floating around alone at the otherwise of the pool then .. Idiot.
Kids slides were great, adults slides were fab not too busy, and nice and cleaned always saw a cleaner redoing the changing rooms over and over cause they get yuck.

20p prize bingo was an experience as we didn't know how to play so that was good fun, the fair was good my toddler loved it, the arcade did its job and my toddler loved the donkeys on site!
The indoor soft play was good but people reserving seats for their handbag is an Issue in their!

All I can say is it must have been an offer week or sun holiday week and the bars were rammed with typical butlins holiday makers, I am not a snob but it was ridiculous when we heard 'is the pub open yet mate' .. No it's 10.30am.

The pubs are full at lunch beer gardens bursting and beer cans in every bin! Lovely junky.. I mean jubly!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingoldmells
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
Best Western Vine Hotel
Best Western Vine Hotel
#7 of 26 in Skegness
Travellers Rest Motel, Ingoldmells

Been to Butlins Skegness Resort? Share your experiences!