All reviewsmedieval castlevillage squarethe ownereach morningstoneamenitieskitchenhistorybeachesdoorwaycharactergreeceluxurysummervillagersmaryaegean
Reviewed October 23, 2017

My husband and I recently stayed in the Medievel Castle and had a wonderful experience. We had reserved this hotel in the summer and had to cancel at the last minute due passport problems. John, the owner, was nice enough to allow us to use the reservation at a later date. The location is perfect, The rooms are spacious, clean, and full of the character of an old castle.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017

The perfect example of Hellenic hospitality, from ancient times, unfolded for me, at the "Medieval Castle" Hotel , Mesta, Xio(s) - Chios - in which "the generosity and courtesy is shown to those who are far from home and/or associates of the person bestowing guest-friendship." ( Xenia, wiki).

There are some places that are so marvelously unique and beautiful in their presence that make it impossible to forget and which leave you in humble awe, touching the heart, easing the mind. This would not be possible with out the wonderful people who live and work there.

Taking this opportunity to express my gratitude and appreciation for the service and care I received at the Medieval Castle Hotel in Mesta, Xio.
Every staff member, Yannis, Alexander, among others with whom I came in contact with, was attentive, efficient, pleasant, kind. All the smiles are a thousand words and more, enough to wake up with a smile yourself, just like I did. This place is perfect for everyone; I saw couples getting married, families with their children, even solo travelers such as myself, in combining a romantic atmosphere, safe and spontaneous play, relaxing night walks through out the castle paths.. fantastic food, meticulously clean environment. I was impressed and inspired.

I have recommended the Medieval Castle Hotel Suites to all of my colleagues, friends and family. Thank you again for such an outstanding service and amazing beauty all around!

Loi

Room Tip: relaxing, beautiful, fun, clean, safe, perfect, medieval, best service, affordable, hospitality, great food, artist,
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2017

We stayed in Mesta Medieval Castle no302 in July 2017. We have arrived in Mesta easily by following the GPS directions. Directions within the Mesta were not available hence we consulted some local shop owners to locate the reception. There was no one in the reception, hence we had to wait about an hour at the neighbour restaurant, and thus ate our lunch. Finally, the front desk personnel arrived and he showed us to our room. Room was accessible by some long and steep stairs. If you have a problem with your knees, or need to carry a baby, then I would suggest that you refrain from this particular room. Hotel has numerous rooms distributed within the castle village, perhaps something in ground level could be better for individuals with such mobility issues. Our room was quite dark with one tiny window, and a shared mini hall and kitchen. Kitchen door was so low that my husband hurt himself terribly as he hit head to the doorway. There were no warning signs whatsoever. The shared mini hall echoed all the noise of the neighbour using it, and it had only two chairs. So basically we were stuck with a dark room during our stay. There were many mosquitos, but nothing to repel them placed in the room. We completed our stay with many unfortunately itching bites. The bathroom was clean with running hot water and the room service did a good job of cleaning the room periodically. The pillows were extraordinarily hard and big, which made it impossible to sleep with. As for the Internet, there was no Wi-Fi signal upon our arrival, and our complaint had been resolved towards the evening. The breakfast served at the main square of the village was very rich and big. As we proceeded with the checkout, we encountered the similar problem we had during our checkin. However, we did not wait for the front desk personnel and left our room key to the cafe that served the breakfast. I suggest the facility to review their check-in/out processes, and place some mosquito repellent things in the rooms. Obviously there's not much they can do with the window and some space in fresh air. Yet they can provide some lobby-like seating space around the village square for their guests. As for the pillows, a replacement is a must for a good-night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

I had the honor to visit this hotel the year it launched and it was a lovely experience! The rooms are breathtaking and the luxury details really make you enjoy your stay ! If you are visiting Chios island this is a lovely hotel to spend a few days ! Have fun

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2016

We stood in the 901 (luxury) suit where you have two levels with a little fully closed terasse.
You can completely undisturbed sittin under the twinkling stars while you have a nice Glass of Greek wine and enjoying yourself...

We had a very good time there, Alexandra was very helpful, and the breakfast was delicious, especially the "Bougatsa"...mmmhhh

Some nice little coves are in the near and the water is still very clear!

5 Stars +!

Many Greetings
Magnus

Room Tip: I prefer Suit 901...
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple