“Magical, mystical, comfortable”
Review of Lida Mary

Lida Mary
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mesta
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I hope that anyone who makes it all the way to Greece goes the extra kilometers to visit Chios, and stay at the Lida Mary. My daughter and I selected Lida Mary based on reviews and the.personal care we received from Tasos exceeded our expectations. There was no detail too mundane for him to attend to. He gave us a tour of all the available rooms, then asked us what we wanted. He rescued is when we got a flat tire in our rental car, out in the middle of,nowhere. Tasos also. told us how to locate the best local beaches, restaurants, and sights. I'm putting in a big plug for the Caves at Olympi. They were only a few minutes away by car and I went twice. The first time it was just me and my daughter, the second time, I got a private tour...
The castle was totally done inside and the loft/downstairs combination was perfect for our needs. This is not a regular trip. The village of Mesta will transport you back in time. It is a slice of medieval life. Go, go, go!

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool. The food on this town is a bit heavy. Stick with the nearby fish restau...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank GreenJeanne

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I spent a five wonderful days at the Lida Mary in Mesta. The hotel is in a beautiful setting in the medieval village. Our room was beautifully appointed and quite comfortable, we loved the private courtyard just outside our door. Tasos, the owner, worked tirelessly to ensure we had everything we needed and that our visit to Chios was special. In addition to the a great stay at the hotel, we were charmed by the entire village and people of Mesta. We hope to return one day!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2014

No doubt this will be at the top of anyone's list for Chios. Tasos represents the family and has developed a warm,cozy and unique property in this classic location. This is a bargain, compared to other small boutique hotels.....with limited services....i.e. No breakfast, but nice kichenette area.
Tasos can provide excellent guidance for the area. He is also extremely modest about his success here.

Room Tip: See the full selection....call Tasos direct.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at the Lisa Mary in August 2013, I believe just after it opened, based on the recommendation of the extraordinarily helpful girl working at the bus station in Chios Town. This was my first experience in Greece (I came over on the ferry for a day trip and ended up staying in Mesta for three days), and I ended up flying to Athens two weeks later to spend a further 6 weeks in Greece. Mesta really is a unique and relaxing place to spend time and the Lida Mary is of superior quality. Tasks went out of his way to be helpful (he even mailed me some things I forgot) and the rooms are well done and tasteful - very good design choices for sure. Everything felt modern but at the same time you still felt like you were staying in a medieval fortress. Even though there are other places to stay in Mesta, if I were visiting again I would make sure to come only when Lida Mary had availability. It really was that good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Lida Mary is a family hotel business uniting several apartments in the medieval fortress of Mesta. When we arrived there we found not only excellent living conditions but immediately became a part of the family of owners who took care of us during all five days of our stay at the island. We got extremely positive impressions not only about Mesta, but also about Chios and Greece thanks to unlimited hospitality of Tasos and Mary. Thanks you very much!

Room Tip: Every room is unique so ask an advice from Tasos to choose the best one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2013

It wasn’t my first time in Mesta , Chios , but It was a different experience because of Hotel Lida Mary and the manager of the Hotel, Tasos. When I step first in the suite, even I was tired from the night boat trip, I really felt a big impact or 500 years and more of the stone walls that were exposed in front me. I really had a good sleep in the modern chic bed and really enjoy the view to the main square of the village.
Tasos was very helpful giving us much information about the place and restaurants around, beaches etc. He also provides us what we wanted in order our stay would be pleasant. Thank you for allowed us to live that experience… see you next summer.

Room Tip: I took a tour around the rooms ....I just recommend to try more than one . Every room has a differen...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Lida Mary for one week in August 2013. Can't say enough about the hospitality that Tasos showed us, he treated us like family guests. Chios is a great island to just show up and figure out your itinerary upon arrival. With Tasos' help, we spend most of the mornings exploring the sights and the afternoons relaxing at the beach. The people in Mesta were super friendly and I highly recommend hooking up with Vasilis for the Masticulture tour.
The only problem was that the air conditioner leaked water after running for too long. Tasos upgraded us to a different room while he got the repairs done. With everything being brand new, there are bound to be hiccups like that but he handled it well. Also, if you stay in the room that overlooks the square, plan on staying up late nights with the locals. It's not overly noisy, but you can definitely hear it if you are trying to go to sleep early.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesta
Mesta Medieval Castle Suites
Grecian Castle Hotel
Grecian Castle Hotel
#1 of 7 in Chios Town
Ai Yannis Suites and Apartments Hotel

Been to Lida Mary? Share your experiences!