“Did the job, but wouldn't really recommend it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Raintree B&B

Raintree B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thames Ditton
Raintree B&B
You added Raintree B&B to your Saves list
162 Portsmouth Road, Thames Ditton KT7 0XR, England   |
Brighton
“Did the job, but wouldn't really recommend it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here recently with friends. It was the cheapest option in the area and as we only needed a bed for the night and nothing fancy we booked the Raintree.

The gentleman that greeted us wasn't terribly friendly, but was very accommodating to our needs and showed us to our room and explained that breakfast would be a packed-breakfast left in the room later in the evening - this suited us fine.

The rooms looked ok, but have not been fully finished off. In the two rooms I saw, none of the wardrobe doors would shut and in one of the bathrooms the drawers were full of old door handles. The beds had a dip in the middle, which meant my partner and I slept squashed together. The covers and towels felt a little grubby; they were all a little grey and the bins hadn't been emptied from the last occupants (and when I say bin - I mean giant yoghurt pot). We had to sleep with the windows firmly shut to keep out the noise from the road and the restaurant below, which meant the room was incredibly hot - luckily the owners have put fans in the rooms.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, but went down the road to a fantastic pub called Harts Boatyard - this I can highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ourhols,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Raintree Bed and Breakfast on Trip Advisor.

We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the guest expectations.

I have noted your concerns and as the Newly Appointed Manager, I am striving hard to ensure all our guests are delighted by our new service standards.

Please give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance.

Chertsey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

The Holiday Inn, Kingston upon Thames, was unable to extend my reservation so the Front Office staff recommended the nearby Raintree. I was advised that it was owned by the same person who owned the Holiday Inn property and that it offered a similar standard of accommodation. My high expectations were quickly destroyed when I arrived. The accommodation is basically B&B and comprises a handful of rooms off a gloomy corridor on the first floor of what used to be a small corner pub that is now an Indian restaurant. Its noisy because its located on the main road. The room decor and bathroom looked very DIY and grubby. Breakfast comprises a roll and an item of fruit served on a plate in the room. This hotel is totally overpriced. I had to pay in full in advance and after staying there I can see why. Parking is limited to about 5 vehicles.
I can't believe that the positive reviews in Trip Advisor were impartially written by anyone who actually stayed there.

Room Tip: Dont try. There aren't any.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Robert1129826,

Travelers are raving about these Thames Ditton hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Firstly I didn't stay here, I live locally, but was looking for a takeaway. So did the usual takeaway call, ordered a simple chicken korma. When I arrive I'm presented with a box of orange sauce and 2 eggs, having complained they told me that I said egg curry which I find hard to believe as I don't like egg curry. Once I actually got the right dish it was basically a soup and it certainly wasn't worth 8 pounds. So my advice go elsewhere.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Dear goldihern,

Ramsbottom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

The accomodation entrance is on the side of the building which also doubles as the back door to the kitchens. When we arrived we were given the key and told where to go. Inside the external door boxes of takeaway trays were stacked by the wall, the lobby linked the kitchen to a store room and the carpet was black with trodden in grease and covered in litter, as were the stairs to the rooms. The room was filthy, I wrote my name in the dust on the bedside cabinets and the top of the fridge, I have no doubt it will still be there. Breakfast was supposed to be off site at the holiday in as stated on our booking e mail. When we arrived (and had paid) we were informed that this contract had been cancelled and so breakfast would be put in our room each evening. Breakfast constituted a muffin, a coissant (wrapped in Bacofoil) a banana, a splat of butter in a dish under clingfilm but with no knife, and a carton of Kia Ora. When we complained about the breakfast the manager shrugged, just that and nothing more. No bin, Two cups, one spoon and one saucer, no coffee but milk and sugar for a day but then no refills. No information, no fire procedure, no extinguishers. Bad smells (including the pillows) no standards, no intention to put it right and not a care in the world. These people don't deserve your business, Just don't go.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank landsailor2
Dear landsailor2

london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

Booked through laterooms.Was told although not ensuite I had sole use of bathroom across the hall. Arrived at 7pm room was not ready and they offered me a free drink. Then later when I dined in the restaurant they charged me for the drink! This b and b is run and staffed by asians.Woke up and went to get washed -someone was in the bathroom! When eventually the bathroom was free it was dirty with pubic hair everywhere - plastic bags - faeces in the toilet pan and a smell to go with it . I declined to use it. Went for breakfast -breakfast not on site! 1/2 mile walk away at another hotel.No one available at raintree to complain to not sraffed. Tried calling telephone number no reply, Book somewhere else.A disgrace.Offers 15% off restaurant and free drink to guest -gues what no free drink -no 15 % discount. No fire and safety details in room - no emergency number no staff available from 12 pm to 11 am - if there was a fire you would die in your room do not come to this b and b

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank reyntj
Dear reyntj,

Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Although central heating was working the room temperature was 12c (outside temp was 0c). It took about 5 minutes to get hot water in the shower. Had to walk 1/4 mile to the Holiday Inn for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OzHolly
Dear OzHolly,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thames Ditton
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#9 of 11 in Kingston upon Thames
3.5 of 5 stars 627 reviews
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#3 of 11 in Kingston upon Thames
4.5 of 5 stars 451 reviews
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#2 of 11 in Kingston upon Thames
Hotel Bosco
Hotel Bosco
#2 of 2 in Surbiton
4.0 of 5 stars 182 reviews

Been to Raintree B&B? Share your experiences!