“WILL NEVER GO AGAIN. UNPROFESSIONAL HOLIDAY SALES MANAGER!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warsash
Solent Breezes Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Was looking really forward to this holiday but looked more forward to come home (a day early).
Overall holiday was good. Plenty of activities and things to do off site and not far to travel to. Entertainment staff in the clubhouse were lovely and extremely friendly. Entertainment was not much, only had cyril the squirrel for approx half hour in the evenings to entertain my little one then it was a constant cost to entertain her in the arcade.
Clubhouse was grubby and dirty. We sat in the same seats all week and 4 out of the 6 nights there was a chip on the floor in the same place so doesnt look like anyone really cleans. Menus and tables were very sticky to touch and just didnt want to touch anything. Food was of very poor quality, just looked and tasted of bland microwave meals. Could see into kitchen and kitchen staff were just handling the food with no gloves and no washing their hands, so decided to eat out or in caravan.
The biggest let down of the holiday was the lack of cleanliness if the caravan.
The carpet was stained and had seen its days. There was mould spots on the sofa, in the shower and the bedroom curtains were covered in it. The taps had brown stuff around the base, the floor wasnt very clean so im glad i took slippers.
Went up to reception and politely told a member of staff about the mould to which she left a note for her manager to see the next day. The young girl was very nice and polite. Told her that i wasnt making a complaint but just making them aware that its there for the next people who rent the caravan.
Took the keys back to leave a few days later and took the curtain holders with me just to show her how covered they were. She called the holiday sales manager to have a word with me ( DIANNE COCHRANE) (a scottish woman) and i have to say what a RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL woman. She was very unpleased that i had mentioned about the mould and was very rude to me in front of other members of staff. She said she had got the cleaners to go to the caravan try to clean the mould and raised her voice saying they couldnt clean much as the caravan was a tip!!! To which i replied it was not a tip and to bear in mind that i have a 3 year old child who leaves her toys here and there. As i was talking to her to try and sort the matter out she rudely cut across my and said "bye bye" so in other words "i dont care and dont want to hear what you have to say"!
I asked her why was she being so rude to me in front of her colleagues to which she shouted out "bye bye" again.
I think that she failed to do a people skills course by the looks of it.
I asked her had there been any sort of complaints in the past to which she told me with an attitude "no, none whatsoever" but then i look on the reviews and see that i am not the only one to say about the lack of cleanliness??!!
I will be taking this matter further as i will not be spoken to in that manner and humiliated in front of other members of staff just for pointing out a lack of cleanliness!!

• Stayed: October 2012
26  Thank Barnettannkb

Reviewed September 25, 2012

When I mean 'friendly place to stay' I meant the natives were friendly, all seem to be local, very knowledgeable about the stretch of water in front of the clubhouse and very chatty.
The food was OK there was not very much choice at 13.30 for Sunday lunch, out of five meals we could only have one Chicken roast.
The site is nicely laid out but the facilities are non-existent IT IS NOT KIDDIE FRIENDLY as there is no barrier on the slipway and the gate to the beach is very flimsy and easy to open. The speed bumps are obviously there for a reason all 19 of them.
Once again I feel Park Holidays should re-think their grading of accommodation we had a free upgrade to Silver to me it was Bronze with a heater. I think this day and age you should not have to sleep in the living area even if it is for three nights.

Room Tip: Ideal for boating, birding and walking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tad666
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have come back from staying here for 4 nights through Sun Holidays.

Our caravan was lovely (gold), no complaints at all about our accomodation, cleaniness, location was perfect for us.

The staff were fabulous from check in, waiting staff, bar staff, entertainers, maintenace, reception, nothing was too much trouble for them, a real credit to the site.

Entertainment was great, the girls know their stuff and although I didn't win at bingo :o( I still had fun playing and watching the boys (4 years & 17 months) dance at the disco on nights. The clubhouse also had a little arcade to keep the monsters busy. Food was great, although I think it might benefit if there was a lunch menu as well as the evening menu as 2 meals out a day could get alittle pricey. The view from the clubhouse was lovely, ok there was an industry view from the right, but look to the left and it's glorius.

Monsters loved the swimming pool even though it was outside the water was warm, and they had sun loungers, tables and chairs to the sides of the pool. The pool was very clean.

My only little niggle was that the playground was aimed for older children, although it could be that there was another one we just didn't find it.. nor did we look for it so not the park's fault. We used the older kids one as it was right next to our caravan.

At the end of day would I recommend this site to my friends... Yes! Would I come back.... Definitely!

Great job Solent Breezes <3

1  Thank Susan N
Reviewed August 28, 2012

All staff should be congratulated on the way that they interact with visitors, they are wonderful with children and the entertainers knew exactly when to keep a distance with shy children until they became more confident. Nothing was to much for anyone, and it was a safe place to allow children out to play near the caravan, as warning signs everywhere made drivers aware that children may be on bikes ( and the current fashion of scooters).

Room Tip: We had a silver plus caravan which was good value for money.
1  Thank NanaNorthWales
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have just returned from 4 nights (5 children various ages and 2 adults) I would like to start with the positives:-
1. Lovely staff all consistently friendly considering how small and grotty the place was :(
2. Fantastic Caravan very well equipped and very clean :) no:226 Gold Plus for 8 sleepers
3. Wonderful 20 minute walk to "Chilling Beach" loved it ....(pebble only beaches in this area unless you go to Bournemouth for the day)
4. Entertainment was excellent considering a very small stage and kids loved Loopy
5. The toys that were constantly plugged !!! were excellent quality and very good for price , and loopy was £5.85 not bad so not being ripped off :)

This is the negatives ...sorry but has to be done
1. Club House was grubby, dark and dull. Tables were always sticky and toliets stunk not nice
2. Club house food ...not sure how this site got a score of 4 in the FSA ...the food was not nice it lacked taste and presentation. To be honest the menu's were so grubby we could not bare to pick them up to see what to eat so we cooked in our caravan which was lovely :)
3. The pool was not nice to be honest very grubby and tired looking (hairs in the filter at the bottom was horrid) but must admit the kids loved it and it was warm .....
4. The pool shower and toliets were really bad I would have not put my dog in there really minky seen better days , even weeds going everywhere (lifeguards were great and friendly)
5. Dog muck in places where kids were playing because there is no fencing around the Clubhouse to the back garden so dogs can just wonder and poo (good owners were keeping dogs on leads and picking up muck) my kids stepped in twice !!!! argh !!!.
6. Shop was really small do not reply on it , great if you have forgotten something maybe !! freezer full of lollies but hardly any food
7. Bumps in were bad 21 of them :( but i understand it’s not the sites land so annoying cause its puts you off just popping out to the nearest Tesco

Would I go again ? no because I have seen better sites , although that was the best caravan
This site lacks a supervisor/duty manager who should be motivating staff to clean when quiet clear glasses etc, more money spent on the arcade, slush puppy machine (seemed faulty) , pool facilities needs make over , club house is very dark, kitchen needs air con so the doors are not open for customers to see everything and left smelling of kitchen fat , take some of those awful bumps away and then I might return.......to be honest I only paid £535 for the 4 nights so I got what I paid for but had I paid more I would have requested a refund sorry Debbie who ever you are (apparently the manager)
Regards
Wendy

4  Thank WendyH476
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed fOr a long weekend in June for my mums 60 th birthday.
We really loved it! The food was great value for money in the flex dine and had a large selection of tasty meals.
The staff were brilliant especially Diane who greeted us at arrival ! She even upgraded us for free as it was my moms birthday :-)
We have booked to go back in October and can't wait.
Great view on the Solent - even saw the queen Mary 2.

• Stayed: June 2012
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Solent Breezes Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thankyou for your much appreciated feedback on trip advisor! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, i have passed your comments on to my team and they are looking forward in seeing you again in October.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

A bit of a pain to get to over the multiple speed bumps, the 'beach' was stoney and overlooking a refinery and other factories, the bar was pretty grotty and the music was silly loud for 6 in the evening with kids everywhere. The food was truely awful, my pizza was the worst I've ever had and could well have been microwaved. Mobile home was brand new and fine however the next mobile along had children and their aggressive dog running about making noise untill about 10 o'clock at night. The outdoor pool was warm, but no changing rooms and the toilets where we had to change leaked through the roof when it rained. The 'shop' had very little in it, all in all not somewhere we could ever consider again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank s g

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, the speed bumps to get to the park unfortunatley is not on our land. The beach is a pebblie beach and to the right of the park the beach is beautiful with stunning views across to the isle of wight, were to the left across the solent is a refinery. The pizza we serve are all oven baked and i apologise that you did not enjoy it, and that you found our clubhouse grotty, the clubhouse is usually our visitors favourite place because of the wonderful views and the cruise ships sailing past. The roof in the toilets at the pool has been fixed, and our small convenient store is for everyday products.
I am dissapointed you would not consider Solent Breezes again as myself and my team try to go that one step futher to make your stay a happy one with us, i do hope you will reconsider. Thankyou for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warsash
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
Hamble Retreat Boutique Bed & Breakfast
The Jolly Farmer
The Jolly Farmer
#4 of 5 in Warsash

Been to Solent Breezes Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!