All reviews honesty bar games room swimming pool steam room studio apartment amazing facilities gated entrance tiny balcony guest lounge washing machine amazing place to stay dressing room self contained oriental room b and b hot tub southampton and portsmouth
Reviewed September 5, 2016

I booked on the high recommendation scores, and I was not disappointed. The location is wonderful, a little piece of Hampshire heaven. The garden is excellent, and the amenities good, including a good-sized swimming pool. The whole site is most pleasing, visually.

I enjoyed the 'studio' room, away from the main building. The drawback was that I didn't make full use of the amenities because they were a short walk away, but the room was large, with full cooking facilities and a washing machine. What it lacked was a bath, which I would have much preferred to the fairly ordinary shower.

Unlike a regular hotel room, the studio was not serviced (bed made, etc), so it was like home in that respect. Nor were toiletries provided. My one (very minor) complaint was that the microwave oven had not been cleaned from the previous guest. There are instruction booklets for the various devices in the room, which was a big plus.

The travel instructions for finding the place were spot on, the gate with its keypad was simple to operate, car parking was no problem, and everyone I met was friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

I spent 5 nights in a wooden cabin at the Hamble Retreat, Clean, Comfortable staff were friendly and helpful, i enjoyed this place. My only issue and it's not a big problem just a niggle to me was the bathroom was so small it had a shower and a toilet only no sink so cleaning my teeth and shaving in the kitchen sink all week was a little bit of an pain.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2016

It's a beautiful place - the building, decor, gardens, swimming pool & jacuzzi would take some beating. It's very spacious,too.
Very comfortable rooms, but unfortunately some are not en-suite, but the best rooms are the suites and they are very luxurious. The staff are pleasant, helpful and attentive in an unobtrusive way. Very good breakfast.
No kids or pets allowed! Great for a romantic weekend getaway.
We enjoyed our stay very much.

Room tip: Go for a suite - we will next time - obviously more expensive, but you won't be disappointed!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2016

When we arrived we were blown away. Absolutely beautiful location, we had the executive suite with balcony, massive comfortable bed and a huge bath. We were going to go out for dinner but decided to actually stay in, have a take-away, a bottle of wine, enjoy the room and facilities (swimming pool and hot tub).

Couldn't have asked for a more relaxing night away and the breakfast in the morning was a superb fry up (which you request the trimmings you want be it a hash brown to mushroom or the whole works).

This is a great break for people trying to get away and relax, probably some exploring to be done around the area we just didn't want to leave the Hamble Retreat!

Room tip: The executive suite has a balcony looking over the gardens, beautiful views.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2016

fantastic b&b stayed in a self contained log cabin, very well looked after, with every thing you need inside, to enjoy your stay.
plenty of local amenities,
staff are very pleasant and helpful ,
this a beautiful quiet location, don't let the secret out

• Trip type: Traveled on business