With in an hour of emailing Colona Castle, Nicole had replied with all the details I needed to make my reservation, witch was handled with equal timeliness. This exceptional personal service set the tone for my entire stay.
Our plane landed four hours late and I was worried that the driver Nicole had arranged for us wouldn’t be there. We shouldn’t have worried, the hotel’s staff had phone the Airport to find out when we would be arriving and had made the necessary arrangements. The driver was personable and his car comfortable. As he drove us to Colona Castle he told us that we had made the right choice and that Nicole was the a superb hostess. It had just got dark when we arrived and I could see the lights of Greater Cape Town spread below us, if this was what it looked like at night, I couldn’t wait to see what the view was like by day.
We were welcomed by Nicole’s husband and owner of the hotel Michael who told us we had been upgraded. Our room was splendid and luxurious. The king sized bed and fantastic views and balcony made us reluctant to go and explore the city. After we had checked in we were given the most wonderful meal, Nicole told us that the chefs were brought in specially and we would only have to tell the staff a breakfast and they would cook fur in the evening. I turned out that we only ate the one dinner at Colona Castle because the ever helpful staff was able to send us to a new and delightful restaurants every night.
The hotel was so tastefully decorated you could be fooled into thinking you were in a private home with very hospitable owners, indeed that is exactly what staying at Colona Castle is like. I is as if you have just got in a plane and flown halfway around the world only to find you have just come home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the epicentre of Greater Cape Town, Colona Castle, graded 5 Star, is truly a sophisticated, elegant and enchanting base from which to explore Cape Town, the Peninsula and Winelands. Gracing the mountainside above a tranquil Lake District on the warmer False Bay coastline, and furnished with a treasured antique collection, this splendid Mediterranean style retreat offers character, exclusivity and infinite charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Colona Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colona Castle Hotel Lakeside
- Colona Castle Cape Town, South Africa - Lakeside