We stayed for one night only & I wished we had stayed for several days.
We opted for the romance package & it was quite good value.
The room was comfortable, the view was magnificent.
The bathroom was painfully small but that is usually the case in older hotels
We really enjoyed our breakfast buffet & our evening meal. Really great.
The staff were great except for the barkeep whom I borrowed a corkscrew from. She demanded that it be returned in 10 minutes. Is there only one corkscrew on the premises? ( I returned it in 7 minutes)
The best part is they let me bring my spoiled rotten mini dachshund!
The hotel & grounds were just a wee bit shabby but very charming and not at all pretentious.
We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort Ontario/North Kawartha, Canada